Mailbox Monday – June 2

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

I received three books in the mail the past few weeks.

IMG_6607

That Night by Chevy Stevens  (from St. Martin’s Press)

As a teenager, Toni Murphy had a life full of typical adolescent complications: a boyfriend she adored, a younger sister she couldn’t relate to, a strained relationship with her parents, and classmates who seemed hell-bent on making her life miserable. Things weren’t easy, but Toni could never have predicted how horrific they would become until her younger sister was brutally murdered one summer night.

Toni and her boyfriend, Ryan, were convicted of the murder and sent to prison.

The Blonde by Anna Godbersen (a win from Tara at Tales of a Book Addict)

Part biography, part spy thriller, and part love story, THE BLONDE is a whip-smart re-imagining of the relationship between Marilyn Monroe and John F. Kennedy that draws on historical events to create a dark tale of American celebrity, sex, love, violence, power, and paranoia.

Collision:The Battle for Darracia by Michael Phillip Cash (from the author)

The Darracia saga continues with all the key players spread out and searching for answers throughout the solar system. Prince V’sair struggles to hold his fractured kingdom together without help from his family. His stepbrother Zayden is on a vengeful hunt for his evil uncle Staf Nuen. Tulani navigates her two worlds trying to bring them together. Staf Nuen, the orchestrator of the original coup, is making unholy alliances with nefarious new allies. Like the comet zipping across the horizon, all the different factions are heading for a collision course that will test both their faith and power.

And I went to a huge book sale at Case Western Reserve University yesterday.  There were over 75,000 books and I showed enough restraint to only come home with these…

IMG_6611

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton

Blessings by Anna Quindlen

Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss

The Whole Golden World by Kristina Riggle

Little Face by Sophie Hannah

The Unfinished Garden by Barbara Claypole White

So, have you read any of these?  Anything fun arrive in your mailbox this week?

28 thoughts on “Mailbox Monday – June 2

• stacybuckeye says:

This is my favorite one every year and I can’t ever get out of the auditorium in less than and hour and a half. I always find fun things there. This you I also found 3 puzzles, old postcards, and a nice photo book for Gage. And add my total with the books was $10.50!

1. Lloyd Russell says:

I got the same book from Michael Philip Cash. I feel guilty, though, because I’ve gotten 3 other novels by Michael, along with a novella, and haven’t read any of them. Unfortunately, I don’t know if I feel guilty enough to read them.
    I have read Blessings by Anna Quindlen. I remember liking it a lot. It’s only her last couple of books that I didn’t like as well as the earlier ones.
    Sounds like much fun to go to such a big book sale.

• stacybuckeye says:

Yes, I receoved the first of this series by Michael and I gave it away during the read-a-thon to a reader who wanted to read it – yea! I might email her and see if she wants the sequel too. He did send me Stillwell and I plan on giving that a try someday.

2. Word Lily says:

I’ve read that Grafton (ages ago, want to start that series over from the beginning), The Color Purple is FAB!, and Eats Shoots and Leaves is a good laugh.

3. Leslie says:

The Blonde and That Night are both on my reading schedule. I’ve been reluctantly staying away from book sales because I have, ummmm, too many books. 🙂

4. Literary Feline says:

You did very well at the book sale! I wonder how good my restraint would be. 🙂 The last couple times we’ve been to Barnes and Noble, I’ve been very good, but that’s because my husband’s been with Mouse and me.

I hope you enjoy your new books!

5. Teddyree says:

Everyone seems to be reading That Night, can’t wait to hear what it’s like. I’m impressed with your restraint at the sale but good choices with The Color Purple and The Unfinished Garden. Happy reading 🙂