Mailbox Monday – February 3

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

I received 3 things things in the mail this week.  Two books and a canvas bag.

IMG_5333If You Were Me and Lived in Turkey by Carole P Roman is part of a children’s book series that I’ve posted about before and I’m looking forward to sharing it with Gage.  Schism by Michael Phillip Cash doesn’t look like something I would read at all, but I will give it a few chapters at least. Both of these were surprises from Red Feather Productions.

IMG_5336This Agatha Christie canvas bag was a win from Dewey’s 24 hour read-a-thon last October sent from Harper Collins, thank you Angela!  Can you believe the size of the box and amount of packaging used to send me a flat bag?  I love the bag, but hate the waste.

So, what came in your mailbox this week?

February 3, 2014 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. That bag looks so good!

Here is my post.

Comment by gautami tripathy | February 3, 2014 | Reply

2. Happy reading

Comment by sagustocox | February 3, 2014 | Reply

3. That IS a big box. I tend to hoard boxes and packing material. It drives me husband nuts. Then as soon as I throw it all out denying my hoarding tendencies, something comes up that I need such a box. sigh.

Comment by Care | February 3, 2014 | Reply

4. That is a huge box for a bag! I can’t believe there is nothing else in there!

Comment by Pamela D | February 3, 2014 | Reply

5. Wow, they couldn’t just fold the bad up into a mailing envelope? I love tote bags like that!

Comment by BermudaOnion | February 3, 2014 | Reply

6. How nice an Agatha Christie bag 🙂

Comment by booketta | February 3, 2014 | Reply

7. Cool bag. Can never have too many tote bags. I keep them in the car and van so I will always have plenty of shopping bags for groceries. It drives the checkout folks slightly crazy but it’s my contribution to saving the planet.

I order a lot of stuff by mail and the inexplicable huge box happens more often than it should. I don’t get it.

Comment by Leslie | February 3, 2014 | Reply

8. I hope you enjoy both the books! And yes, that is such a waste, and I don’t like receiving packages like that either. They should have mailed it in a padded envelope.

Comment by Vicki | February 3, 2014 | Reply

9. What a great tote bag!

Comment by lakesidemusing | February 3, 2014 | Reply

10. Fantastic win! Enjoy!

Comment by Mary | February 4, 2014 | Reply

11. I got the same bag – in the same box. I was shocked! Surely someone could have figured out that folding the bag wouldn’t hurt it?

Anyway – I love the tote and appreciate the gift.

Comment by Tami | February 4, 2014 | Reply

12. How exciting! Congratulations on the win, Stacy! That’s quite a big box–I understand your frustration. They could have stuffed it into an big yellow envelope and it would have been okay. Maybe just a few more folds. Lots cheaper on postage too.

Comment by Literary Feline | February 5, 2014 | Reply