2013 Challenge fail but high hopes for 2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge

I’d given up challenges a few years ago because they put too much pressure on my reading.  Last year I gave myself a personal challenge of reading 9 books, but failed.  I only had to read these awesome books.. 001I managed to read 6 of them which is still okay.  After I read everyone’s favorites lists this year I may make a personal reading list again.  If at first you don’t succeed and all that.

This year I decided to join one challenge.  I saw that Bookfan Mary was going to make this her one challenge of the year and I thought it sounded like a great idea.  I am a champion at starting a series but not in completing them. Sometimes I don’t care for the first one but often I just get distracted by new shiny books.

So, I’m signing up here and choosing one series, level 1, so that I don’t have to work too hard to feel successful 🙂  I’ll be completing a series that I started back in 2009 when  read the first two of Shirley Tallman’s Sarah Woolson series.  It’s a great historical mystery series set in San Francisco.  I chose this one because I’m only three behind and I have the next two on my shelves already.

#3 The Cliff House Strangler

#4 Scandal on Rincon Hill

#5 Death on Telegraph Hill

December 28, 2013 - Posted by | challenges |

1. Welcome the challenge! I’m glad you decided to join us. Have fun!

Comment by yvonne473 | December 28, 2013 | Reply

2. I hear you on the challenges. I usually participate in the What’s in a Name challenge and since I read so many books it practically completes itself. I don’t do as well when the challenge is actually “challenging”. I haven’t joined anything yet this year but I still have a few days to change my mind. 🙂

Comment by Leslie | December 28, 2013 | Reply

3. Yeah, I get distracted by new, shiny books and don’t do well with challenges. I hope you have fun with this one.

Comment by BermudaOnion | December 28, 2013 | Reply

4. I’m not participating in any challenges. Good luck with yours. Happy New Year!

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | December 29, 2013 | Reply

5. I just can’t do challenges, because it’s almost like it’s a challenge to fail, in my case! :–)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | December 29, 2013 | Reply

6. I challenge myself with two challenges – one to outdo myself in reading from the previous year and to try read a books that take place in all 50 states. Happy New Year.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | December 29, 2013 | Reply

7. One we hit spring I lost all track on my challenges in 2013…. and for awhile… almost the blog too 🙂 Glad I made it through and you did too!

Comment by Sheila (Book Journey) | December 29, 2013 | Reply

8. I feel this is one challenge I can accept. I just need to get my post up. Good luck with your challenges this year 🙂

Comment by Heather | December 31, 2013 | Reply

9. don’t be hard on yourself, you are a busy mother. I took that challenge on a couple of years ago and have continued each year. That way if I’m only reading two or three series, I only have to read two or three books 🙂

Comment by kelley | January 7, 2014 | Reply