Political Unreality Quiz – guessing closed

I was hoping to post this last Tuesday, on election day, but like most things political, nothing happens as fast as it should.  Let’s see how well you do with these classic political dystopias.

I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round. For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else :)  You have til Sunday to guess.

No need to know all the answers, one guess and you’ll be eligible for a prize. No Googling!

Match these titles with one of the main character’s names.

1. Brave New World     E. John the Savage

2. Fahrenheit 451      A. Guy Montag

3. Blindness     B. doctor’s wife

4. V is for Vendetta      H. Evey Hammond

5. Atlas Shrugged      F. Dagny Taggart

6. The Handmaid’s Tale      D. Offred

7. Animal Farm         C. Napoleon

8. The Children of Men       G. Dr. Theodore Faron

And can you name these two?

IMG_41871984 by George Orwell and The Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Happy guessing 🙂

November 12, 2013 - Posted by | Quizzes | ,

1. 1E
    2A
    7C
    and picture on left is George Orwell’s 1984

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | November 12, 2013 | Reply

2. The only one I know is the book on the left – it’s 1984.

Comment by BermudaOnion | November 12, 2013 | Reply

3. The two pictures: 1984 on the left; Lord of the Flies on the right.
    And Fahrenheit 451 – Guy Montag

That’s all I know this week…

Comment by Tara | November 12, 2013 | Reply

4. Ack! I only know one of the answers and that’s to Blindness!

Comment by Vasilly | November 13, 2013 | Reply

5. 1. E
    2. A
    3. B
    4. H
    5. F
    6. D
    7. C
    8. G
    9. 1984 by George Orwell … or do you want the main character? (Winston)
    10. Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Comment by Word Lily | November 13, 2013 | Reply

6. 1. E
    2. A
    3. B
    4. H
    5. F
    6. D
    7. C
    8. G
    1984 and Lord of the Flies

Is it terrible that I knew character’s names from the movies rather than reading the book? ;o)

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | November 13, 2013 | Reply

7. 1. E
    2. A
    3. B
    4. H
    5. F
    6. D
    7. C
    8. G

I guessed at a lot of these! 🙂

The two in the pic are 1984 by George Orwell and Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Comment by thetruebookaddict | November 14, 2013 | Reply

8. hmm this is a tough one 🙂
    1. E
    2. A
    6. D
    7. C

George Orwell’s 1984
    Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Comment by Teddyree | November 14, 2013 | Reply

9. 2. A
    6. D

1984 By George Orwell
    Lord of the Flies by name escapes me

Tough one!

Comment by Heather | November 15, 2013 | Reply

10. This is sad, I can only remember two of them. And I should know them all.

2. Fahrenheit 451 – A. Guy Montag