Saturday Snapshot-first full week of preschool status

Gage went to school 5 mornings this week for 2.5 hours each day. I don’t get a lot of conversation and what I do get takes so much effort I’m usually tired by the end. He has no problem telling you things that he wants you to know, but is less interested in whatever question I may have. I think this may be a boy thing. Anyway, on Wednesday I had to pick him up early from the city school to take him to orientation for the Jewish school. There was nobody in his room, but I did take notice of this…
IMG_3528

Hmm.  Think I should be worried?

It was also picture day on Tuesday so I’m  excited/scared to see what those look like.  This is the one I took when he got home…

school

So, first full week done and he’s still enrolled at both schools 🙂

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda of West Metro Mommy.  It’s easy to participate – just post a picture that was taken by you, a friend, or a family member and add your link on Melinda’s site.

September 14, 2013 - Posted by | Gage, Photos

1. Speaking from personal experience it’s a boy thing. My son was the same as Gage. My daughters, however, would tell more than I wanted to know – without being asked!
    Every time you post a Gage pic I don’t think he could get any cuter and then you post a new one 🙂 He’s adorable.

Comment by Mary | September 14, 2013 | Reply

2. Both my children never seemed to be able to remember what they had done at school. But someone told me that it is a good indicator they are having a good time. My solution was to get a job at their school!

Comment by Ginny | September 14, 2013 | Reply

3. That certainly is a boy thing. You just have to listen a lot and figure out ways to sneak your questions in there. I have a feeling Gage is going to have a great year!

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 14, 2013 | Reply

4. Oh yeah, it is a boy thing! At least he is glad to be home.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 14, 2013 | Reply

5. Agreed! It’s a boy thing. As the mom of 3 boys I quickly learned that questions like “How was your day?” weren’t specific enough. I would get one word answers to everything. I had to ask the right questions and at the right time. You will figure out a system. And don’t worry. If there’s anything you really need to know the teacher will tell you!

He’s a little cutie pie and will do just fine. Enjoy your time to yourself. You deserve it! And enjoy the school photos. You will be shocked by how much he changes over the years! 🙂

Comment by Wrighty | September 14, 2013 | Reply

• As long as he’s happy there that’s fine. If there was anything wrong I am sure he would say. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/1SXA7W – still on my ‘other’ blog!

Comment by Christine Harding | September 15, 2013 | Reply

6. Elle is a little younger and not talking quite as much but when I ask her questions I often get “mmmm, I don’t know.” 😉 and when I ask her specific Y/N questions she answers them all yes so I have no idea.

Glad the first week went well! Not sure about the yellow square–hopefully it wasn’t anything too serious but I wouldn’t worry! Gage looks so cute and excited in that pic!

Comment by Trish | September 15, 2013 | Reply

7. My son talks, but only if it is very sneakily pulled out of him. My daughter used to be a chatterbox until she turned 14. Now I get way more out of my son, despite the difficulty. School for me was just another way for me to worry I swear. It was never much of an issue with my daughter but my son? Argh. We laugh now because right around March or April, I know to expect a conference with his teachers. By then they have just had enough.

Comment by sandynawrot | September 15, 2013 | Reply

8. Oh Stacy! I’m sorry, but a little giggle escaped when I saw the yellow card. It’s just an indication that he’s got some personality! 🙂

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | September 15, 2013 | Reply

9. Leaders get different cards! Think about that!!

Comment by Gautami Tripathy | September 15, 2013 | Reply

10. What does the yellow card mean?

Boys don’t talk…girls never stop. 🙂

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

Comment by Elizabeth P. (Silver's Reviews) | September 15, 2013 | Reply

11. Gage’s yellow card vs the green ones made me smile [ dare to be different] love it.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | September 15, 2013 | Reply

12. He’s a sweetie!

Comment by Peggy@Peggy Ann's Post | September 15, 2013 | Reply

13. I can’t get much out of Gabe other than, good mom, or I’m sad. Looks like Gage is doing great and loving life! You have a cutie 🙂

Comment by Heather | September 15, 2013 | Reply

14. He’s such a cutie. Don’t worry about the yellow card. I have to disagree with the boys never talk, girls always do. My daughter never told me anything, from pre-school til now (8th grade). it’s always fine/good and that’s it, unless I can figure out the right question to ask. Or have inside knowledge thanks to facebook.

Comment by Carol | September 17, 2013 | Reply

15. Hard to believe he’s off to preschool already…. I wouldn’t worry about the yellow card 😉

Comment by lakesidemusing | September 17, 2013 | Reply

16. Look at how big he is already!!

Comment by christa @ mental foodie | September 28, 2013 | Reply