After Quiz- guessing closed

I’ve read one Elmore Leonard book (Striptease and I really liked it) and was sad to see that he died.  I don’t know what will happen to the book he was writing when he passed, but there is a long line of books that are published after an author’s death.  Let’s see if you can guess them.

I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round. For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else :)  You have til Sunday to guess.

No need to know all the answers, one guess and you’ll be eligible for a prize. No Googling- this is for fun!

1. Maybe my favorite Jane Austen novel was published after her death. The one with that kick-ass love letter.  Persuasion

2. Another all-time fave of mine. This one was published in 1980, 11 years after the author’s suicide and it won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.  A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

3. This Diary was published by Anne’s father after her death in a concentration camp.  The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

4. The Millenium Trilogy was published after this Swedish writer had a heart attack at 50.  Stieg Larsson

5. Which one Of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple mysteries was published after her death: Nemesis, The Moving Finger, or Sleeping Murder?  Sleeping Murder

6. Another author, E Lynn Harris, died of a heart attack in his 50’s (54). Which one of his books was NOT published after his death? Mama Dearest, Just As I Am, or In My Father’s House Just As I Am

7. The author of Roots was writing another historical book about his family when he died.  He asked someone to finish it and they did. The name of the book and/or author.  Queen by Alex Hailey

8. Tolkien wanted this published with the Lord of Rings, but the publisher decided no. It wasn’t published until 1977 when his son helped organize it.  The Silmarillion

9. Another author won the Pulitzer Prize after his death when his family published his autobiographical novel two years after his death in 1957.  A Death in the Family by James Agee

10. This prolific author had more than 700 novels published before her death 13 years ago.  It was just announced that her son will be releasing 160 more in The Pink Collection.  Who is this Dame?  Barbara Cartland

September 3, 2013 - Posted by | Quizzes |

1. 1. Persuasion
    2. A Confederacy of Dunces
    3. The Diary of Anne Frank
    4. Steig Larsson
    5. Sleeping Murder
    6. Just As I Am
    7. Alex Haley’s Queen (David Stevens)
    8. The Silmarillion?
    9. James Agee
    10. Barbara Cartland

Comment by Word Lily | September 3, 2013 | Reply

• A perfect score on a difficult quiz! Woo hoo!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 9, 2013 | Reply

2. Let’s see how I can do.

1 –
    2- A Confederacy of Dunces
    3 – Diary of a Young Girl
    4 – Steig Larsson
    5 – The Moving Finger?
    6 – Mama Dearest?
    7 – Hayley
    8 –
    9 –
    10 –

Thanks for another fun quiz!

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 3, 2013 | Reply

3. 3. The Diary of Anne Frank
    4. Stieg Larsson
    10. Barbara Cartland – (I’ve never read any of her books but I know there were hundreds of them published! I think I saw that on 60 Minutes.)

That’s it, I only know 3 of them.

Comment by Leslie | September 3, 2013 | Reply

• Good enough for 30 points! I haven’t read Cartland either, but I’ve always bee a little curious.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 9, 2013 | Reply

4. 1. Pride and Prejudice
    3. Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl
    4. Stiegg Larsson
    5. Sleeping Murder?
    6. In My Father’s House?
    7. Alex Haley’s Queen
    8. The Hobbit

Most of these are guesses! Fun quiz, Stacy!

Comment by Heather | September 3, 2013 | Reply

• 40 points worth of guesses 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 9, 2013 | Reply

5. 1. Persuasion (My favorite too)
    2. Confederacy of Dunces
    3. The Diary of a Young Girl
    4. Steig Larsson
    5. Sleeping Murder
    6. Just As I Am
    7. Queen by Alex Haley
    8. History of Middle Earth?
    9. ?
    10. Barbara Cartland

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 3, 2013 | Reply

6. I love your quiz feature. Very fun!

Comment by readerbuzz | September 6, 2013 | Reply

• thanks 🙂 hope you play this week.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 9, 2013 | Reply

7. I know a few but multiple choice is always good for a guess lol

1. Persuasion or Northanger Abbey??? hmm think I’ll go with Persuasion
    3. The Diary of a Young Girl
    4. Stieg Larsson – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ….
    5. no idea but I’ll guess Sleeping Murder cause it sounds cool 😉
    6. another guess … Just As I Am?
    8. The Silmarillion
    10. Barbara Cartland

Comment by Teddyree | September 8, 2013 | Reply

8. […] week’s After quiz here.  Leaderboard […]

Pingback by Look at the books I’ve won Quiz « Stacy's Books | September 10, 2013 | Reply