I’ve read one Elmore Leonard book (Striptease and I really liked it) and was sad to see that he died. I don’t know what will happen to the book he was writing when he passed, but there is a long line of books that are published after an author’s death. Let’s see if you can guess them.
I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round. For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else You have til Sunday to guess.
No need to know all the answers, one guess and you’ll be eligible for a prize. No Googling- this is for fun!
1. Maybe my favorite Jane Austen novel was published after her death. The one with that kick-ass love letter. Persuasion
2. Another all-time fave of mine. This one was published in 1980, 11 years after the author’s suicide and it won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
3. This Diary was published by Anne’s father after her death in a concentration camp. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
4. The Millenium Trilogy was published after this Swedish writer had a heart attack at 50. Stieg Larsson
5. Which one Of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple mysteries was published after her death: Nemesis, The Moving Finger, or Sleeping Murder? Sleeping Murder
6. Another author, E Lynn Harris, died of a heart attack in his 50’s (54). Which one of his books was NOT published after his death? Mama Dearest, Just As I Am, or In My Father’s House Just As I Am
7. The author of Roots was writing another historical book about his family when he died. He asked someone to finish it and they did. The name of the book and/or author. Queen by Alex Hailey
8. Tolkien wanted this published with the Lord of Rings, but the publisher decided no. It wasn’t published until 1977 when his son helped organize it. The Silmarillion
9. Another author won the Pulitzer Prize after his death when his family published his autobiographical novel two years after his death in 1957. A Death in the Family by James Agee
10. This prolific author had more than 700 novels published before her death 13 years ago. It was just announced that her son will be releasing 160 more in The Pink Collection. Who is this Dame? Barbara Cartland