Tell No One- the French movie based on the Harlen Coben book

(courtesy of Birdbath) Enjoy this month in France!

Tell No One (2006).jpgTell No One, 2006

Tell No One was my first Harlen Coben book and after I devoured it I went out and read everything he’d written.  As much as I love some of his others, this still remains my favorite and I recommend it often.  I was thrilled to learn that it had been made into a movie, even willing to embrace the fact that it would be a French movie with subtitles.  Subtitles and I have a rocky relationship.  I saw it at the theater when it came out and watched it again this week with my mom.  I liked it better the second time because I followed all the characters a little better.

How does a New York story transfer to Paris?  Very well.  It is different, but the idea is the same.  A doctor is contacted by his dead wife eight years after her murder, only the police and paid killers are after him too.  I thought this fast paced movie was great.  For all Harlan Coben fans, he has a cameo, pay attention or you’ll miss it.

France 052This has nothing to do with the movie but I loved this window we found in Bordeaux country.

July 5, 2013 - Posted by | France, movies

1. Interesting that they made a French movie out of it. I don’t do well with subtitles either.

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 5, 2013 | Reply

• I don’t love subtitles, but this one wasn’t too confusing.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 7, 2013 | Reply

2. I enjoyed watching the movie with you. It was action packed. Harlan is my favorite author. Thanks for introducing me:)

Comment by Gage's grandma | July 5, 2013 | Reply

3. Awesome! I love subtitles for some reason. Makes the film more of an experience for me. I’ll have to check out both book and movie. Beautiful window shot, by the way!

Comment by hmsgofita | July 5, 2013 | Reply

• If you love subtitles then give this one a try. I think you’ll like it.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 7, 2013 | Reply

4. I did not know the book was made into a movie. Love COben’s books.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | July 5, 2013 | Reply

• You’ll have to see it, just to see Harlan’s cameo if nothing else!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 7, 2013 | Reply

5. I can see myself looking out that window into the valley…gorgeous!

Comment by Jennygirl | July 6, 2013 | Reply

• As I looked through the photos I had taken I realized that I had quite a few window shots. You’ll see more 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 7, 2013 | Reply

6. I’ve read many Coben books, but not this one. I have it, though. This post is encouraging to read it sooner rather than later.

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | July 6, 2013 | Reply

• Oh, I can’t wait to see what you think. I think it was his first big break into the mainstream.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 7, 2013 | Reply

7. love that photo!!!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | July 14, 2013 | Reply

8. Interesting and gorgeous photo.

Comment by Anne | July 15, 2013 | Reply

9. I like foreign films, but it’s a lot harder for me to knit and watch subtitles at the same time.

Comment by Word Lily | July 15, 2013 | Reply

10. […] Tell No One- the French movie based on the Harlen Coben book (stacybuckeye.wordpress.com) […]

Pingback by Book Review – Tell No One by Harlen Coben | Asha's Literary Corner | July 26, 2013 | Reply