Armchair BEA – More than you need to know

Armchair BEA begins today and I’m excited to participate for the first time.  We’re doing a meet and greet today with some preset questions.  I hope to meet some new book buddies and see a few old friends 🙂

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?  Well, as you may have guessed from my so very creative blog name, I’m Stacy and I’ve got lots of books.  I’m guessing I have around 900 unread books in the house.  I’ve also got a little guy running around and I post about him every Sunday.  I started blogging in January 2008 as a way to keep track of what I was reading.  My reading is so much more consistent now that I blog about it!  I’m also an Ohio State alum so I might be obnoxious during football and/or basketball seasons.
  2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? Currently, I’m on a home state Ohio tour.  I’ll be starting The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar or Beloved by Toni Morrison this week.  As for my favorite this year, Violets of March by Sarah Jio, is one that took me too long to finally read.  Loved it.
  3. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)? I love doing my Tuesday quizzes and am always looking for new participants.  I’ve been doing them for about 3 years and they are book or movie related.  I hope you’ll stop back tomorrow to give it a try.  I give away prizes every few months (details here).  I also like my 5 Word Movie Reviews because I want participation from you.  Every time you add your own 5 words $1 goes to charity (details and movie list here).
  4. Where do you see your blog in five years?  I don’t even know where I see my life in 5 years, but I think it will be interesting to see how blogging changes during that time.
  5. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?  I would love to visit the Cemetery of Forgotten Books from The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.  A place where no book is lost to the world?  I want to go and choose my book.  I mention it a little more in my review, but there’s a better description here.

Looking forward to meeting you!

June 4, 2012 - Posted by | Uncategorized |

1. Wow, 900 unread books? You have quite the TBR pile! I haven’t heard of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books but I want to visit it now too. Nice to meet you, Stacy!

Comment by elena | June 4, 2012 | Reply

2. Good lord 900?! That’s daunting, haha. Good luck reading all of those!

Comment by Catie | June 4, 2012 | Reply

3. I’m equal parts jealous and impressed about your collection of unread books! I probably have half that unread here, but a lot are my husband’s he already had before we met. I am definitely on my way to being a book hoarder though.

Comment by 1girl2manybooks | June 4, 2012 | Reply

4. I have to admit I’m happy you have over 900 unread books in your house. I thought I was being ridiculous with 300+, but now I feel a little better! Lol.

I have yet to read Toni Morrison, but I own several of her books. I hope you enjoy Beloved!

Comment by Natalie @ Mindful Musings | June 4, 2012 | Reply

5. Good lord, 900!? That is intimidating yet amazing all the same! I probably have that many if not more on my TBR but they’re not all in my house. :]

great meeting you!
    xo Stephanie

Comment by Stephanie @Little Red Reads | June 4, 2012 | Reply

6. Hi Stacy!!! that is definitely a creative name 😉 isn’t it fun to blog about your little guy? another bookish mama been finding lots of them! and yay you started 2008? isn’t that an accomplishment? 😀 and 900 books is like a library already, I cannot imagine!

I haven’t heard the books you mentioned but ill definitely check them out!

I’ve been finding lots of MeMes lately, Tuesday quizzes sounds interesting! Your memes are lovely especially donating on charities 🙂

Jay
    We Fancy Books

Comment by wefancybooks | June 4, 2012 | Reply

7. Nice to meet you, Stacy! I have a ton of books as well. Mine number at 3000+ (fiction and non-fiction, but primarily fiction). No, I’m not a hoarder!

I’m going to check out your weekly features. They sound interesting! And I haven’t read Shadow of the Wind (it is in my home library), but that does sound like a great literary location to visit. 🙂

Comment by thetruebookaddict | June 4, 2012 | Reply

8. Tuesday quizzes sounds like so much fun! Also I love that you post about your son! I adore a little more personality in blogs!

I applaud you for blogging so long!

Comment by Rie @ Mission to Read | June 4, 2012 | Reply

9. Hi Stacy! Wow 900 unread books is really impressive!! I’m pretty sure my number is still in the double digits! 😛

Comment by Ashley | June 4, 2012 | Reply

10. 900 unread books? Oh my! I hope you are able to whittle that down soon!
    Happy Reading!
    Amanda

Comment by Amanda Furman | June 4, 2012 | Reply

11. Good Morning! Welcome to Armchair BEA. It is a pleasure to meet you! Wow 900 books! that is pretty impressive. Enjoy your little one!

Lisa

Comment by Lisa McGeen | June 4, 2012 | Reply

12. Ek! I’m not up to 900 unread yet. I’m really hoping I can curb my buying addiction to keep my number lower. Ugh. I’m estimating mine is currently around 600, though..so still quite large. LOL

Comment by Amanda | June 4, 2012 | Reply

13. Toni Morrison is one of my favorite authors–it makes me happy that you’ll be reading BELOVED soon.

I’m impressed by your TBR pile. I thought I had a lot of unread books when my husband and I had to build a new bookcase to shelve them all… there are nowhere near 900, though! Haha!

Comment by Heather | June 4, 2012 | Reply

14. Hey fellow Buckeye! I’m originally from Ohio too but been transplanted a few times! I just read my first book by Thrity Umrigar the other day and looked her up. I had no idea she lived in Ohio! I’m definitely going to start following your blog because I’m sure I can discover some awesome new authors!

Comment by Jae | June 4, 2012 | Reply

15. Where on earth do you find the ROOM for 900 books??? I’ve never counted mine, but I would guess around 200+ and the shelves are already overflowing!

Comment by Anne | June 4, 2012 | Reply

16. I will be back to check out the quizzes, I love a challenge.

Comment by Ryan | June 4, 2012 | Reply

17. *Waving* I don’t even want to know how many books reside in my home. Although, many of them are finding they like living at my daughter’s home as she has a room dedicated to just them. LOL. I have Violets of March on my favorite read list this year too.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk)N | June 4, 2012 | Reply

18. I CANNOT BELIEVE your name is Stacy! wow. And here all this time I thought it was “Buckeye”!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | June 4, 2012 | Reply

19. 900 unread books!?!?!? I can’t even fathom that. I’ve got about a dozen on my shelf and feel so behind. Now I feel better 🙂

Tuesday quizzes sound fun! I’m a sucker for a good quiz!

Pleased to meet you, and thanks for stopping by my Armchair BEA Intro Post.

Comment by Lauren@The Housework Can Wait | June 4, 2012 | Reply

20. WOW thats a lot of unread books!! I feel behind as it is lol. Quizzes are a lot of fun!
    its nice to meet you! Welcome to Armchair BE

Comment by Amanda | June 4, 2012 | Reply

21. Wow, 900 unread books! I have several blogs, but in the one I’m featuring today, I’ve focused on working my way through those TBR stacks. I had 166 unread books at the time. Now I distinguish between the Old TBRs (which are down to the 20s) and the newer ones (60 or so?) So the piles change, but continue to proliferate.

I also love Sarah Jio’s Violets of March, and recently read her second one, The Bungalow.

Hope you continue to find books to love.

Here’s MY ARMCHAIR BEA POST

Comment by laurelrainsnow | June 4, 2012 | Reply

22. Hi Stacy! *waves* Great to meet you. 😀
    Wowwww. 900 unread books?! 😮 Lol, do you have a pretty little library in your house? 😀 I totally wish I could have one one day. I think it’s cool you have a day dedicated to your little guy as well!

Have a lovely day!

Comment by Rebecca (Kindle Fever) | June 4, 2012 | Reply

23. You have 900 unread books – wow!!

I’m in Loveland…outside Cincy!

BTW, I have a 2012 Book Pilgrimage going on right now. You read about and then visit literary locales…

Well, nice meeting you!

Comment by Libby | June 4, 2012 | Reply

24. Dang girl! You have a lot to read! Nice to meet you. 🙂

Comment by Nikki | June 4, 2012 | Reply

25. Hi There!

900 in your TBR: and I thought I was bad! 😀

Comment by suecccp | June 4, 2012 | Reply

26. It was nice to meet you!! Ha! 😀

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | June 4, 2012 | Reply

27. Oooh! Great answer re: Cemetery of Forgotten Books! That never even crossed my mind.

Glad to have found you, Stacy! Cheers to the Book Blogger Holiday Swap and all the other wonderful bookish events that bring us together. 🙂

Comment by Andi (@estellasrevenge) | June 4, 2012 | Reply

28. The Ohio Tour sound fun. I love reading and featuring authors or books set in Wisconsin were I live. I also am surrounded by hundreds of unread books. I thought blogging would help but now I get review books too!! I love the goodies UPS or USPS brings to my door!

Happy to find another wonderful blog to follow!!

Dollycas

Comment by loricaswell | June 4, 2012 | Reply

29. Awwww, your “little guy” is adorable! I think it’s awesome that you take the time to blog both about books and family. Rarely do we get to really see into each others’ lives around the blogosphere.

Comment by Alissa (@thegramsreviews) | June 4, 2012 | Reply

30. And I thought I was bad with having about 200 unread books in my house – you certainly have me beat!

I love your idea of the Quizzes – I’m going to have to check them out.

Have a great week!
    Here’s my Armchair BEA Intro Post.

Comment by Kristin T. | June 4, 2012 | Reply

31. Oh man, you’ve got my football coach! 😉 haha…I’m a football nut myself (Go Gators!), so I totally understand the semi-obnoxious-ness of the season. ((Although I think my friends wish football would hurry up and return, so they won’t have to listen to me pine for it…))
    Will definitely check out the Tuesday Quizzes – sounds fun! 🙂

Comment by RivkaBelle | June 4, 2012 | Reply

32. Oh, I love your answer about location! The Cemetry of Forgotten Books, I would love to spend a few hours browsing. Good idea. Such a pity it doesn’t exist…

Comment by Judith | June 4, 2012 | Reply

33. Hey Stacy! Good to see you here! This is my very first time…

Comment by Pinkim (kim wright) | June 4, 2012 | Reply

34. Five Word Movie reviews is frackin’ brilliant. I find many movies out there really don’t need more than that. Snow White and the Huntsman: Kristen Stewart is NOT right

Happy BEA!!

Armchair BEA: Introducing Otherwhere.Co

Comment by Jessi@OtherwhereCo | June 4, 2012 | Reply

35. Hi Stacy! I think it would be really interesting to see how blogging changes over the next few years, though, because it’s changed so much since 5 years ago, I bet! 🙂

My BEA Intro

Comment by Eileen Li (@EileenLi8) | June 4, 2012 | Reply

36. 900 books?!?! Holy wow, talk about a TBR list. Mercy! Then a little guy, too. I’d say you more than have your hands full.

It was nice to “meet” you. I hope you have a great BEA week!

~Christina (and the other Litbrarians at The Book Hookup)

Comment by Christina | June 4, 2012 | Reply

37. 🙂 I’ll be back for Tuesday Quiz day – such an awesome idea!

It was so nice to meet you! Armchair BEA @ the Brunette Librarian

Comment by Brunette LIbrarian | June 4, 2012 | Reply

38. You are the Quiz Master!!!

Comment by Jenners | June 4, 2012 | Reply

39. I have been meaning to read “The Shadow of the Wind” for quite some time. Your cemetery description was really cool, so I think I will be reading that much sooner!

Comment by Literally Jen (@LiterallyJen) | June 4, 2012 | Reply

40. Hi,
    I like your 5 Word Movie Reviews, what a neat idea!

Comment by Meagan @ Blooming with Books | June 4, 2012 | Reply

41. Your featured posts sounds pretty cool; I’ll definitely be checking them out. This year is the first time I’m joining ArmchairBEA http://enchantedbybooks.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/armchairbea-introductions/

Comment by Danielle | June 4, 2012 | Reply

42. The Cemetery of Forgotten Books? Sounds creepy and cool all at the same time.

I too do not know what will happen in my life in the next 5 years let alone my blog. LOL But I hope to still be around… even if it’s just a little bit. 😉

Nice to meet you!

Comment by Chrystal @ Snowdrop Dreams of Books | June 4, 2012 | Reply

43. LOL at the Obnoxious + Ohio part.. I’m in TX and we hear you from here during the season! 😉
    Congrats on keeping a blog for so long! Here’s my Intro post. Nice to meet you!

Comment by Marie Burton (@BurtonReview) | June 4, 2012 | Reply

44. bahaha your unread book collection sounds like mine. Love Sundays with Gage and your quizzes even though I don’t participate as much as I’d like to (you’re so clever Stacy.) Keep up the good work 🙂

Comment by Teddyree | June 4, 2012 | Reply

45. Hello, I’m not participating in the Armchair BEA, but reading all of the posts has been fun. It’s always great learning a bit more about fellow book bloggers.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | June 4, 2012 | Reply

46. 900 unread books in your house?! Holy smokes that’s awesome! I don’t even have 900 read books in the house! 😛

Nice to meet you! I am a new subscriber and I can’t wait to read more!!

Comment by Claire | June 4, 2012 | Reply

47. 900 unread books? Holy cow! At least you know you’ll never be without reading material!
    I want to read Beloved and signed up to review The World We Found. I also want to read Sarah Jio’s books one of these days!
    Love your answer to the literary location you want to visit!

Comment by Amy | June 5, 2012 | Reply

48. your 900 unread books makes me feel better. i almost want to just pull this out and shwo my husband whenever he says, ANOTHER BOOK??? also, we are for sure headed to the cleveland area this summer for a family wedding and then we are sight-seeing/using it as our 5th year anniversary trip (glamourous i know!) any suggestions?

Comment by The Many Thoughts of a Reader | June 5, 2012 | Reply

• Cleveland has some really cool things. Where will you be when you come? I’m more familiar with the east side (where I live) and some cool things downtown. Let me know and I’ll suggest a few things.

Comment by stacybuckeye | June 9, 2012 | Reply

49. I had no idea you had been doing your quizzes for that long, I thought it was a little over a year, time flies. Not like I torture myself with answering though. hhahahaha

Comment by Tea Time with Marce | June 5, 2012 | Reply

50. I get antsy when I have 9 unread books in the house. Srsly. Lawd, girl. 🙂

Stopping by for Armchair BEA!

Comment by Stephanie Scott (@StephScottIL) | June 5, 2012 | Reply

51. Uh, The Cemetery of Forgotten Books is an excellent choice! And I feel bad that I have 170+ books on my to-read list – and you have 900+? You really make me feel good 😉

Comment by christinasr | June 5, 2012 | Reply

52. If I had the space, there would be 900 unread books in my house, too. I used to be able to justify my purchase when I was teaching. Now, I have a huge “want” list, but have to limit alot of my purchases for space. I’m an avid library borrower, though, and in the meantime my Goodreads list just keeps growing. And I’m intrigued by The Cemetary of Forgotten Books!

Comment by Maria | June 5, 2012 | Reply