Armchair BEA begins today and I’m excited to participate for the first time. We’re doing a meet and greet today with some preset questions. I hope to meet some new book buddies and see a few old friends 🙂
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Well, as you may have guessed from my so very creative blog name, I’m Stacy and I’ve got lots of books. I’m guessing I have around 900 unread books in the house. I’ve also got a little guy running around and I post about him every Sunday. I started blogging in January 2008 as a way to keep track of what I was reading. My reading is so much more consistent now that I blog about it! I’m also an Ohio State alum so I might be obnoxious during football and/or basketball seasons.
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? Currently, I’m on a home state Ohio tour. I’ll be starting The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar or Beloved by Toni Morrison this week. As for my favorite this year, Violets of March by Sarah Jio, is one that took me too long to finally read. Loved it.
- What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)? I love doing my Tuesday quizzes and am always looking for new participants. I’ve been doing them for about 3 years and they are book or movie related. I hope you’ll stop back tomorrow to give it a try. I give away prizes every few months (details here). I also like my 5 Word Movie Reviews because I want participation from you. Every time you add your own 5 words $1 goes to charity (details and movie list here).
- Where do you see your blog in five years? I don’t even know where I see my life in 5 years, but I think it will be interesting to see how blogging changes during that time.
- What literary location would you most like to visit? Why? I would love to visit the Cemetery of Forgotten Books from The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. A place where no book is lost to the world? I want to go and choose my book. I mention it a little more in my review, but there’s a better description here.
Looking forward to meeting you!