Children’s Book Week Quiz – guessing closed

alt textWhen I saw over at Jill’s (Rhapsody in Books) that it was Children’s Book Week I knew there would be a quiz 🙂  Let’s see if you can tell me the titles of these well-loved kids books.

I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you.  If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round (sometime in June).  For all of the details, click here.  Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else :)   You have til Sunday to guess.

No need to know all the answers, one guess and you’ll be eligible for a prize.

IMG_1502IMG_1503 - Copy

1.Harry the Dirty Dog 2.Corduroy 3.The Story of Babar the Little Elephant 4.Where the Wild Things Are 5.The Very Hungary Caterpillar 6.Harold & the Purple Crayon 7.Chicka Chicka Boom Boom 8.Blueberries for Sal 9.Make Way for Ducklings 10.The Little Engine That Could

(and I apologize that I still have not really figured out my new computer so there is no photo editing ;))

Answers to last week’s Age Quiz here.  Leaderboard here.

May 14, 2013 - Posted by | Quizzes |

10. The Little Engine that Could

Comment by Word Lily | May 14, 2013 | Reply

2. 4. Where the Wild Things Are
    5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
    9. Make Way for Ducklings

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | May 14, 2013 | Reply

3. These quizzes are so delightful. I had all of these books when I was little, but had to guess on a few of them.

1. Harry the Dirty Dog
    2. Corduroy
    3. Babar
    4. Where the Wild Things Are
    5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
    6. Harold and the Purple Crayon
    7. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
    8. ?
    9. Make Way For Ducklings
    10. The Little Engine That Could

Comment by Alison Doherty | May 14, 2013 | Reply

• 90 points! I am rediscovering them with Gage 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 20, 2013 | Reply

4. I love these books. I have them waiting on my shelf for grandchildren!!

1. Harry the Dirty Dog (I still have my copy that I got as a kid)
    2. Corduroy
    3. The Story of Babar
    4. Where The Wild Things Are
    5. The Very Hungry Caterpiller
    6. Harold and the Purple Crayon
    7. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
    8. Blueberries for Sal
    9. Make Way For Ducklings (still have my original copy)
    10. The Little Engine That Could

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | May 14, 2013 | Reply

• Your grandchildren will love them. 100 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 20, 2013 | Reply

5. 2. Cordurory
    3. Babar
    4. Where the Wild things are
    5. Very Hungry Catepillar
    6. ….Purple Crayon
    8. Blueberry …..
    10. Engine Who Could

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | May 14, 2013 | Reply

6. Ooh, I think I know the answers! I’ve read every single one of these books–most of them as a kid and again as a mom. Some of my very favorites here. 🙂
    1. Harry the Dirty Dog, 2. Corduroy, 3. Babaar, 4. Harold and the Purple Crayon, 5. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, 6. Blueberries for Sal, 7. Where the Wild Things Are, 8. The Very Hungry Caterpillar, 9. Make Way for Ducklings, 10. The Little Engine That Could.

Comment by Ali (Worducopia) | May 15, 2013 | Reply

• Many of these are new to me but I am so enjoying them with Gage! 100 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 20, 2013 | Reply

7. One would think I’d know the name of the book with with a bird on it, but no, I’m drawing a blank. I only know one:
    5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar (and no idea who wrote it!).

The biggest reason I haven’t upgraded my computer, a 6 year old XP Model that’s getting crankier by the day, is my fear that my photo editing software and camera software won’t work on a new OS. Just the thought of reconfiguring a new PC gives me the shakes! You have my computer sympathies.

Comment by Leslie | May 15, 2013 | Reply

• Stupid computer.It has spent the last week breaking down on me numerous times a day. Very frustrating. 10 points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 20, 2013 | Reply