Going to college with Gage

My cousin’s daughter, Claire, started her first year of college at Baldwin Wallace University, only 30 minutes away from us.  This is exciting since it’s been a long time since we’ve lived that close to any family.  We finally made the drive over on Friday to visit.  It’s a great campus with lots of beautiful buildings and homes and in true toddler fashion Gage’s favorite part was riding the elevator.  He wasn’t interested in the steps or much else when he caught sight of the elevator. After more than a few rides we headed home.

A fun trip was had by all.

A health update- Last Sunday we took Gage back to the hospital and he received more steroids for his croup.  On Monday, I was ready to throw in the mother towel and check myself into mommy rehab.  Come to find out that ‘roid rage can happen to toddlers too.  Who knew?  Thankfully, by Tuesday he was more himself and life got back to normal until early Friday when I started to feel sick.  I did what any tired and worn out woman does when she can, I called my mom.  She’s here helping out while I get some extra sleep and down time.  I really do have the best mom 🙂

November 18, 2012 - Posted by | Gage |

1. I am glad Gage is feeling better and I hope you will be feeling stronger quickly too. It is hard being a mom, you are doing a great job.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | November 18, 2012 | Reply

2. I hope you feel better soon! And Im glad that Gage is feeling better. =)
    It sounds like you had a fun trip visting your cousin’s daughter!

Comment by my recent favorite books | November 18, 2012 | Reply

3. So lucky that your Mom can and wants to help out:)

Comment by pinkim95 | November 18, 2012 | Reply

4. Wow, what a week you’ve had! I hope next week goes better!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | November 18, 2012 | Reply

5. That is so great that Claire lives so close. My oldest niece lives about 1.5 hours away in Dearborn. I wish I didn’t have to take I-96 to get there…that highway makes me crazy!! Poor Gage and Poor Mommy!! Hope he gets better quick and the steroids are just this once!!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | November 18, 2012 | Reply

6. I love the picture of Gage in the elevator – I can see the excitement in his face. I’m sorry you and Gage have been sick. Thank heavens for your mom!

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | November 18, 2012 | Reply

7. Awww…poor little Gage. I’m gad he’s doing better, and I hope you’ll soon feel better, too. And you have a GREAT mom!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | November 18, 2012 | Reply

8. He looks so styling! And it sounds like a rough week. Sometimes moms need mothering too.

Comment by Jenners | November 18, 2012 | Reply

9. Aww, a girl never stops needing her mom, even after she’s all grown up! Glad yours is able to help. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment by lakesidemusing | November 19, 2012 | Reply

10. Glad your mom was able to come help!

Comment by Word Lily | November 19, 2012 | Reply

11. Aww..poor Gate and Mommy! Grandmom to the rescue! Hope you all have a better week 🙂

Comment by jennygirl | November 19, 2012 | Reply

12. Well, I’m glad he’s feeling better. I hope you feel better soon, too.

Comment by Carol | November 19, 2012 | Reply

13. So glad your mom could help out! Hope Gage gets feeling ship-shape soon!

Comment by Heather | November 19, 2012 | Reply

14. Hope you’re all feeling better, and glad your mom was able to come to your rescue!

Comment by Anna (Diary of an Eccentric) | November 20, 2012 | Reply

15. And look…Gage is still ogling the ladies! 😉

Comment by softdrink | November 21, 2012 | Reply

16. Oh my goodness!! I hope by now you’re all feeling better. Poor Gage! Poor Mama! And you know–I bet your mom loved that you called. I need to remember to ask my mom for help more often (she lives a mile away…).

I hope you and your family have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

Comment by Trish | November 21, 2012 | Reply