Oh, Sandy Quiz

In Sandy’s aftermath, I thought we might take this week to think positively about Sandy and I’m going to have you put on your thinking caps (or you can use the internet, that’s okay too).  I want you to list your 3 favorite Sandy’s, real or fictional.  You get 10 points for each Sandy you list and 15 points every time someone else chooses the same Sandy.  My list is done after I happily did a quick internet search.

Yes, this isn’t bookish but I hope you’ll all join in anyway 🙂  Please list your Sandy’s in a comment by Sunday at noon.

October 30, 2012 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. The only Sandy that comes to mind is Sandy Dombrowski from Grease.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | October 30, 2012 | Reply

• That’s good enough for 130 points!!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 5, 2012 | Reply

2. OK, let’s see. Right off the bat, Sandy from Grease. Loved her. Loved Olivia Newton-John in the role.

Next, let’s list Sandy Nawrot from the blog You Gotta Read This. She wrote a great review today of one of my favorite books of horror, THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR. Really, really creepy book, by the way. Highly recommended.

And let’s list Sandra Dee – sung about in Grease and cute and perky actress. Think she married Bobby Darrin.

Oh, and I’ll add one more Sandie that probably isn’t known by many here – Lesa Holstine’s friend Sandie Herron who writes occasional guest posts on Lesa’s blog, Lesa’s Book Critiques. She calls them Elevator Pitches and they are great.

Comment by Kay | October 30, 2012 | Reply

• Holy smokes, Kay! 255 points!! And thank you for featuring a lesser known Sandy too 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 5, 2012 | Reply

3. 1. Sandy from Grease!
    2. Sandra Dee
    3. Sandy Koufax

Comment by Word Lily | October 30, 2012 | Reply

4. Sandra Dee
    Sandy from Grease
    Sandy Koufax

Comment by Carol M | October 30, 2012 | Reply

5. Sandy Olsen – from the film “Grease”
    Sandy Duncan – actress who played Peter Pam on Broadway, among other roles.
    Sandy, Little Orphan Annie’s dog

Comment by Tami | October 30, 2012 | Reply

6. Well how can anyone NOT include Sandy from Grease?!!! And that of course leads inevitably to Sandra Dee. And finally I would throw in a real Sandy, Sandy the blogger of You’ve Gotta Read This!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | October 30, 2012 | Reply

7. Sorry, right now I can’t think of anything positive about Sandy. Except that it stops the presidential candidates from bickering.

Comment by harvee | October 30, 2012 | Reply

8. My favorite Sandy is Sandy Nawrot who blogs at You’ve GOTTA Read This! I think my next favorite would be Sandy Olsen from Grease. I’m going to go with Sandy Kofax for my third one because I can’t think of anyone else. lol

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | October 30, 2012 | Reply

• I think you may have tied for the high score this week with 255! As Gage would say, WOW!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 5, 2012 | Reply

9. My three favorites are:
    Sandi Patti (singer)
    Sandy Olsson from Grease
    Sandy the dog from Annie

Other Sandys:
    Sandy Duncan
    Sandy Dennis
    Sandy Koufax
    Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob)
    Sandy Cohen (TV The O.C.)
    Sandy, Utah
    Sandy Lyle (golfer, so my hubby says)

Don’t know if these gals are ever called Sandy:
    Sandra Brown (writer)
    Sandra Bullock (actress)
    Sandra Bernhard (funny gal)
    Sandra Day O’Connor (Judge)
    Sandra Dee (actress)

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | October 30, 2012 | Reply

• 180 points! Thanks for including the list. It’s funny how a few Sandy’s dominate the list.

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 5, 2012 | Reply

10. Sandy Nawrot (of You’ve GOTTA Read This)
    Pecan Sandy Cookies
    Sandy, Little Orphan Annie’s dog

(I really hope they weren’t all supposed to be people ;-))

Comment by softdrink | October 30, 2012 | Reply

• I wish the cookies could have gotten you more than 10 points. You were robbed. 105 points.

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 5, 2012 | Reply

• I’m giggling over your “ever popular Pecan Sandy cookies” comment. Am I the only one who eats those things?!?

Comment by softdrink | November 6, 2012

11. Sandy from Grease
    Sandra Bullock
    Sandra Dee

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 5, 2012 | Reply

12. […] for voting.  You can visit the original post comments for your scores.  Obviously the scores are all over the place since I didn’t really think […]

Pingback by Your favorite Sandy « Stacy's Books | November 5, 2012 | Reply