Regina Brett book signing winner and Words with Friends

Regina Brett is a local columnist for the The Cleveland Plain Dealer and a breast cancer survivor.  I’m not a regular Plain Dealer reader, but I have read some of her columns and really enjoyed them.   One man asked at the signing last week why she felt the need to write about every aspect of her life and she explained that it’s just the way she writes and it resonates with a lot of people, saying, “I can’t be anybody but Regina Brett.”  I like that.  In her last book, God Never Speaks, she shares some life lessons and my friend Molly is doing a wonderful series of posts on them.  If you check out Tuesday’s post you’ll see the most adorable picture of Sammy and Tedy.

I found Regina Brett full of energy with lots of enthusiasm for journalism and bookstores, both under fire and no one is sure what the future of either will be.  On her most cynical days she sees her job as “the best seat on the Titanic.”  Her new book, Be the Miracle: 50 Lessons for Making the Impossible Possible, tells about everyday heroes that make a difference.  I loved the few stories that she shared and look forward to reading more.

So, who was the big winner of the signed book?  Gage chose Kathleen by picking her number out of his bowl.  For some reason I can’t find the pic right now (grr).  I’ll add it if I do.  Also, we had a second book signed for Molly since she is the one who made me think I would like this new book, which is all about everyday miracles.  So, Kathleen and Molly, Be the Miracle, is already on its way to you!!

Also, I don’t have this blog connected to my Facebook account for a few reasons and for a long while I thought I would keep Facebook for face to face friends only, but a few bloggers have snuck in there with requests.  Jason and I love playing Words With Friends and if you do too, please friend me so we can play 🙂  I look forward to some stiff competition!

12 thoughts on “Regina Brett book signing winner and Words with Friends

1. Beth Hoffman says:

Gosh … your posts often bring back memories of my days in NE Ohio. The minute I began reading your post I had a vision of me trudging through the snow to gather the PLAIN DEALER from its little box at the side of the road.

I’m with Kathy … I sure hope journalism and bookstores can hang on and eventually thrive again.

2. Jenners says:

It sounds like such a rude question that the guy asked!! Jeez! And I’m avoiding Words With Friends … it seems like so many people are sucked into it and that is that last thing I need.

3. Kathleen says:

I am SO EXCITED to receive this book. I love the series on Molly’s blog and get so much out of each of her commentaries on it and on the excerpts from Regina’s work. Thanks Stacy and thank you sweet little Gage for picking me from the bowl!

4. Mary says:

I really enjoyed her first book – I listened to it and was so happy the author narrated. I’ll be her reading was great!
    Thanks so much for your thoughtful note, Stacy. I received it a couple of days ago. I will always think of you and Molly as my inspiration 🙂

5. Bumbles says:

I got the book in the mail today – such an awesome surprise. So then I came over here expecting to see that my buddy Gage had drawn my name. How incredibly kind of you to send me a bonus book. And how cool that one of my fave bloggers was Gage’s choice instead. I look forward to reading Regina’s current book and will treasure how it found its way to my bookcase.

6. Tami says:

I’ve been reading Molly’s posts about this book – they are wonderful. Her new book sounds wonderful, also.

I’m not on facebook, but I love Words With Friends, so if you want to play, my name is mrschupa.