Thrill Week Survey

Visit Tea Time with Marce to discover other thriller lovers.

The Thrill Ride Questionnaire
 What is your favourite genre out of Thriller, Mystery, Suspense and Horror? Why?
Probably thrillers. I like the fast pace.  But I also love mystery and suspense (honstly, I think of them as one category) too.  Horror is my least favorite, but I do read a few books a year from this category.
 Who are your top 3 authors in those genres?
Thriller-Harlan Coben, Greg Iles
Mystery- Agatha Christie (I’m a new fan), Shirley Tallman, T Jefferson Parker
Horror-Stephen King,  Dean Koontz
Tell us who your favourite male and female authors are in the genre?
That’s way too hard of a question! You’ll have to settle with the above list.
What book do you remember loving but don’t remember the details? Maybe you should read it again now.
Can’t think of one right now.
What has been your favourite book this year so far:
Thriller Live Wire by Harlan Coben
Mystery The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
Suspense Heart Sick by Chelsea Cain
Horror Carrie by Stephen King
What series or trilogy would you recommend in these genres?
Thriller Harlan Coben’s Milan Bolitar series, Lee Child’s Jack Reacher series
Mystery Les Roberts’s Milan Jacovich series, Kate White’s Bailey Weggins series
Suspense Jeffery Deaver’s Lincoln Rhyme series, John Sandford’s Lucas Davenport series
Recommend 1 or 2 books that you think more around the blogosphere should read.
Anything that I’ve already listed could answer this question 🙂
What authors have you tried and look forward to reading more from them? Maybe we can give you suggestions on what to read from them.
I read the first Chelsea Cain book, Heart Sick, and loved it.  I have the second on my shelves, waiting to be read. Really liked John Verdon’s fiorst two books.
What authors in the above genres are on your TBR list but you haven’t tried yet?  Who should I read soon?
 Laura Childs, Tom Franklin, John Hart, Grippnado, PD James, Jo Nesbo

13 thoughts on “Thrill Week Survey

1. Marce says:

Thanks for participating Stacy 🙂

I have Greg Iles on my list to try for a challenge this year, which one would you recommend to me?

I have ChelseaC next one also, I can’t wait to get more sick and twisted from her, lol

HarlanC is popular, I must try him.

I really want to read JoN also.

2. VioletCrush says:

I’ve read only Carrie out of all the books you’ve mentioned. You’ve definitely got me curious about Chelsea Cain. You should read I’m not afraid by Niccolo Ammaniti, it’s one of the best thrillers I’ve read

3. Carol says:

We mentioned a lot of the same authors. I’m not a big horror reader either, actually I couldn’t find one horror book that I’ve read this year. I’ll have to check out that Kate White series.

4. April Pohren says:

Harlan Coben is an awesome author and one of my favs as well! I have read a couple of books by Greg Iles and enjoyed them. I am hoping to read more in the future. Great list of books and names!

5. Rae says:

I’m glad I stopped by! You reminded me of a couple of authors I have read in the past and also gave me a few new names to track down! Thanks, Rae

6. Jenners says:

Totally with you on Iles and Coben. I’m thinking that Iles should be having a new books out soon … seems like it is about time. I’ll have to look into this.

7. Carl V. says:

I hadn’t read any of Christie’s work until a couple of years ago when I started checking out audio versions of her book from the library. Didn’t take long to fall in love. I’ve enjoyed film adaptations of her work for years and was pleased to discover how much I enjoyed her books. They have just the right blend of moodiness and mystery blended with a time period that I am drawn to anyway. I particularly enjoy the audio books read by Emilia Fox. She does a great job.