Monday Movie Meme – Bring on the Heat

Feature Presentation…MONDAY MOVIE MEME
This week’s movie topic is all about Heat…
Devoted Monday Movie Meme-er Nicole @ The Madlab Post recently suggested
a topic for us that I thought was very appropriate given the weather we have
been having here in the Boston region lately. She wanted to discuss movies
containing a heat wave or extreme summer heat that was present in but not
necessarily the focus of the film…Share on your blog movies that turned the heat on their characters and link back here, The Bumbles.
Of course, the first one that comes to mind is Body Heat View Image  (1981).  Kathleen Turner and William Hurt were smokin’ hot!
The next obvious choice is the Seven Year Itch View Image  (1955).  Even if you haven’t seen this movie that takes place one hot summer you are probably familiar with iconic Marilyn Monroe scene.
And while I’m thinking of hot, iconic images my mind goes to this scene.View ImageTop Gun (1986)View Image
Holes View Image(2003) is very hot.  How hot would you be digging holes all day in the desert?
So, what’s another movie that sizzles?

July 11, 2011 - Posted by | Monday Movie Meme, Uncategorized |

1. Those are good ones! I sat and thunk forever but couldn’t come up with any! Well, one and that one was stretching!

Comment by Heather | July 11, 2011 | Reply

2. You are so right about Body Heat!

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 11, 2011 | Reply

3. The beach scene is what keeps me coming back to Top Gun!! This was before I couldn’t stand Tom Cruise! 😀

Comment by Staci | July 11, 2011 | Reply

4. This post brings to mind watching A Time to Kill – don’t remember the plot or if it was any good – all I remember is that all the actors were sweating profusely. It was supposed to be set in the South and it looked really, really hot.

Comment by StephanieD | July 11, 2011 | Reply

5. All of these are great picks! Creative and cool 🙂

Comment by Lindsey | July 11, 2011 | Reply

6. I loved Top Gun and Holes! Top Gun was one of the very few movies, where I could stand Tom Cruise. lol

Comment by Misha | July 12, 2011 | Reply

7. Can you believe, I have not even seen any of these! I have to 🙂

Comment by Veens | July 12, 2011 | Reply

8. “Roadhouse” with Patrick Swayze. Especially the scene that shows his naked rear end. Oh, you didn’t mean that kind of hot. Sorry!

Comment by Tami | July 12, 2011 | Reply

9. I love The Seven Year Itch. I need to add that to my Netflix queue. It has been way too long since I have seen that one. Can you believe I have never seen Body Heat?

Comment by Kathleen | July 13, 2011 | Reply

10. […] Monday Movie Meme- Bring on the Heat (interesting that this is the first movie post that appears since it’s pretty much the […]

Pingback by Guess who turns 6 today? « Stacy's Books | January 7, 2014 | Reply

11. I’ve actually seen all these movies.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk | January 7, 2014 | Reply

12. Body Heat was a great choice. I always thought the movie, The Long, Hot Summer with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward was pretty sizzling. There was also a remake with Don Johnson that was passable, but the original was far better.

Comment by thetruebookaddict | January 8, 2014 | Reply

13. I think of these I’ve only seen Top Gun.

Comment by Word Lily | January 8, 2014 | Reply

14. Oops I’ve never seen Body Heat … Top Gun is a favourite!

Comment by Teddyree | January 9, 2014 | Reply

15. Top Gun! Ha ha! Good times 😉

Comment by Heather | January 9, 2014 | Reply

16. […] post-Monday Movie Meme- Bring on the Heat  Top book review-The Glass Castle by Jeanette […]

Pingback by It’s been a decade! – with a box of goodies « Stacy's Books | January 7, 2018 | Reply