Martin Luther King Quotes Quiz

I love quotes and it’s been awhile since I featured any, so to celebrate the life of Martin Luther King Jr. this will be a fill-in the famous MLK quotes quiz.  Leave me the # and the word or words missing.  If you are the first to get it right you will earn an extra entry in TWO book giveaways. No googling – that’s cheating and no fun.  But guesses are always encouraged.  Get to guessing and good luck.

1. Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.  (Veens)

2. We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. (Durao)

3. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missles and misguided men. (Durao)

4. Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase. (Durao)

5. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (Sarah E)

6. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. (Durao)

7. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. (Sarah E)

8. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. (Dr Strangelove)

9. I submit to you that if a man hasn’t discovered something he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.  (Kathy)

10. Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: – ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.’ (Sarah E)

Answers to last week’s quiz here.

January 19, 2010 - Posted by | Quizzes, Say What? | , ,

1. #5 – Silent
    #7 – Injustice
    #10 – Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream

I once had #5 & 7 as bumperstickers on my car. 🙂

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!

Comment by Sarah E | January 19, 2010 | Reply

2. 1)hate
    4)picture(guessing here :D)

Comment by veens | January 19, 2010 | Reply

3. Love this one!
    I know a lot of these quotes, actually, for I have a documentary tapped on VHS for several years now and sometimes I put it running and I’m on another room but I hear the voice.
    I love the feelings I get from just his voice!

2 – brothers/fools
    3 – missiles/men
    4 – staircase
    6 – violence/violence/violence

I also knew 5 and 10, but they were taken, so that’s good!
    Everyone should know more King’s quotes!

Comment by Durão | January 19, 2010 | Reply

4. Oh, I only know one of those missing:

8 – …of “challenge” and “controversy”.

Comment by Strangelove | January 19, 2010 | Reply

5. I’m late, but I think I know #9 – “I submit to you that if a man hasn’t discovered something he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.” Great quiz, Stacy!

Comment by bermudaonion | January 19, 2010 | Reply

6. Ack, I’m late! :/ I knew #9, but then I scroll down to the comment box, and Kathy’s already been here.

Comment by wordlily | January 19, 2010 | Reply

7. Such beautiful and inspirational quotes! Terrific quiz!! 🙂

Comment by Wrighty | January 19, 2010 | Reply

8. 😦 I’m always late to the party!
    You’re so creative with these…Love them even though I hardly ever know an answer 😀

Comment by Staci-Life in the Thumb | January 19, 2010 | Reply

9. I would have guessed #1 easily! Hahaha. See my blog. Great quiz.

I know! I was thinking of you when I put it at #1 🙂

Comment by CeeCee | January 19, 2010 | Reply

10. Great quiz. A quote on my calendar today from MLK Jr. is “Faith is taking the first step, even when yhou don’t see the whole staircase.”

Comment by Janet | January 19, 2010 | Reply