2018 First Book of the Year

Every year Sheila hosts this fun event so that we can all show the book we’re starting the year reading.  It was a no brainer for me.  As soon as I saw the movie Wonder last month I knew that I wanted to read the book (it didn’t hurt that it was also sitting on my TBR stacks).  I don’t know how much time will be devoted to reading today since hubby and kid are both home and that means family time, but I’ll see if I can carve out some time in bed this afternoon since I am still trying to conquer this bad cold that found it’s way into the house a week and a half ago.  For the first time in I don’t know how many years I didn’t make it to midnight to bring in the New Year.  I guess that means I’m well rested, right?

Hop on over to BookJourney and see what everyone else is reading today.  You’ll even find my pic in her collage 🙂

IMG_2564

So, what’s your first book going to be this year?

January 1, 2018 - Posted by | Bookish Stuff

1. That’s a great book! Happy New Year!

Comment by BermudaOnion | January 1, 2018 | Reply

2. That’s a great picture, Stacy and clever. Hope your cold is better soon. I hate winter colds. And we’re trying to definitely not have anything here that makes the Mr. cough any more than he needs to. I need to read that book too. Putting it on my list. And I don’t think staying up until midnight is all that. Decided that it’s midnight somewhere, whenever I decide to go to bed. LOL

Comment by Kay | January 1, 2018 | Reply

3. I’ve been working on A Christmas Carol and only have 30 or so pages left and I’m also working on John Green’s new book Turtles All the Way Down. I hope to finish at least one of these today. I want to start Wonder with Gabe tonight was well and then see the movie. Good luck!

Comment by hmsgofita | January 1, 2018 | Reply

4. I have heard great things about this book and movie, enjoy. Happy New Year. I chose a Christmas present, The sun and her flowers.

Comment by Tea Time with Marce | January 1, 2018 | Reply

5. Sorry you are feeling icky. Hope you are better quickly. We actually made it to midnight this year, but we didn’t get out of bed until 9am! Happy New Year.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | January 1, 2018 | Reply

6. I would like to read Wonder too. I think this is a great first choice, Stacy! I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Comment by Literary Feline | January 1, 2018 | Reply

7. I need to read this one yet too… loved the movie.

Comment by Sheila (Book Journey) | January 1, 2018 | Reply

8. I want to either read the book or see the movie – heard great things about both. Hope you feel better soon. I’m on round two with this cold/sinus crud so you have my sympathy.

Comment by Mary | January 1, 2018 | Reply

9. How awful to have a cold today! I have Wonder on my TBR though to be honest it was the movie previews that made me want to read it! I hope you enjoy it and you get lots of rest.

Comment by Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library | January 1, 2018 | Reply

10. I thought about choosing Wonder for my first read, but ended up going with The Reminders. I plan on reading it soon though, and seeing the movie.

I hope your cold is gone soon. Happy New Year!

Comment by Vicki | January 2, 2018 | Reply

11. Love it! Happy New Year!

Comment by lakesidemusing | January 3, 2018 | Reply