Today’s topic is new-to-me authors we discovered in 2017. Which authors did you discover last year? Head on over to the Broke and the Bookish to see who other bloggers found.
Obviously, these are new-to-me authors. I didn’t read enough books to discover 10 first-timers!
- Fredrik Backman. I’m so excited that I read A Man Called Ove this year and discovered that Backman has written many other books for me to enjoy!
- Lisa Kleypas is up here because I read the first two of her Ravenels historical romance series and I’m anxious to read the next two this year.
- Alice Walker is no debutante, but I read A Color Purple this year and want to read more of her backlist.
- Amor Towles came on my radar when I read about his latest, but our book club ended up reading Rules of Civility first and I loved it.
- Blake Crouch. I’d never even heard of him until I saw Dark Matter recommended around the blogs. Loved it so I’m excited to see what else he’s written.
- Paula McLain is a local Clevelander and I loved Circling the Sun and I’m looking forward to her even more popular The Paris Wife this year.
- Celeste Ng is another (sort of) local who wrote about the Cleveland where she grew up in Little Fires Everywhere. Now I need to read her first book.
- DM Pulley has written three books, and I read the first two by this Clevelander.
- Ernest Gaines is another one who has been around awhile but just got around to reading him for the first time.
- Nancy Horan. I read Loving Frank and want to read her other, Under the Starry Sky.
Who was your favorite 2017 author discovery?