I will probably keep this one post all things read-a-thon related today.
We’re into hour 13 so I’m a little late with this, but I just finished my second book so this is perfect timing!
Mid-Event Survey! (add link or comment below)
1. What are you reading right now? Just finished Dark Matter by Blake Couch. Not sure what I’ll be starting next.
2. How many books have you read so far? Two. One paper and one audio.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Finishing Mt. TBR.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? This is my 7th time around and since I have no plans during the read-a-thon I don’t mind interruptions here and there. Although Gage went to Grandma’s for the night 🙂
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I’ve spent less time online this time around. Maybe as I get more tired I’ll be on here more.
I’ve been listening to Dark Matter while I reconstruct Mt. TBR. I’m getting near the end and am anxious to see how it ends.
A Book and a Snack mini-challenge…
Taking a break from Mt. TBR for a relaxing glass of wine and continuing The Quiet Game by Greg Iles. Both books I’m listening and reading right now are great!
I just finished Frankenstein. It took way too long for as short as it is. Looking forward to something that reads faster.
Mini-Challenge: Six Word Story
Eyes wide, joyful, devouring, smiling, drooping.
It’s 8am and I’m up and ready to read!
First mini challenge – A little about me
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? a Cleveland, Ohio suburb.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Frankenstein, The Quiet Game, finishing the Dark Matters audio…
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Peanut butter chocolate pie 🙂
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m 45 and have a husband, a son in kindergarten, and two cats, Razzi and Sammi. I started this blog in January 2008.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my 7th read-a-thon and my advice is to have a selection of shorter books, graphic novels and audio books to choose from. And to have coffee ready at all times. Oh, and to come back at 4am for my Picture Perfect mini-challenge 🙂