Mailbox Monday – April 18

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

I’ve been so good about avoiding book sales this year and then I visit two this week plus an indie bookstore.  I think I did a pretty good job restraining myself considering, don’t you?  And I’ve already finished and loved the new Harlan Coben book.

IMG_7026

Baggage by SG Redling (from Wunderkind Press)

Over the years, terrible things keep happening to Anna Ray on February 17. First, there was the childhood trauma she’s never been able to speak about. Then, to her horror, her husband killed himself on that date.
A year later and a thousand miles away, Anna tries to find solace in the fresh start of a new job in a new place.

The Traveler by John Twelve Hawks (purchased at library book sale for 10 cents!)

No Good Duke by Sarah MacLean (purchased at library book sale for 10 cents!)

One in a Million by Jill Shalvis (purchased at library book sale for 10 cents!)

Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas (purchased at library book sale for 10 cents!)

Travels with Charley John Steinbeck (purchased at another library book sale for 50 cents)

Heroes for My Son by Brad Meltzer (purchased at library sale)

The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes (purchased at library sale)

Sheltering Rain by Jojo Moyes (purchased at library sale)

Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben (purchased at independent bookstore) Bought it Friday night and finished it Sunday. Love Coben.

Former special ops pilot Maya, home from the war, sees an unthinkable image captured by her nanny cam while she is at work: her two-year-old daughter playing with Maya’s husband, Joe—who had been brutally murdered two weeks earlier. The provocative question at the heart of the mystery: Can you believe everything you see with your own eyes, even when you desperately want to? To find the answer, Maya must finally come to terms with deep secrets and deceit in her own past before she can face the unbelievable truth about her husband—and herself.

Four books by Carole P Roman- Being a Captain is Hard Work, Rocket-Bye, Can a Princess Be a Firefighter?, If You Were Me and Lived in Egypt

A Sunny Day by Eric Jay Cash

April 18, 2016 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. It sounds like those books needed a good home and you’re just doing a public service by providing one. Enjoy, Stacy!

Comment by BermudaOnion | April 18, 2016 | Reply

• Yes, a public service! That’s what it is 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 19, 2016 | Reply

2. Isn’t Fool Me Once excellent? I think he has actually outdone himself with this one. And I read the Twelve Hawks series quite a few years ago. I thought it was pretty good. As for Moyes, I absolutely loved Me Before You and thought the sequel Me After You was also very good. But I haven’t read any of her others. I kinda want to but don’t know how to fit them in!

Comment by Lloyd Russell | April 18, 2016 | Reply

• Fool Me Once is a favorite for sure.

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 19, 2016 | Reply

3. You did a fantastic job.

They all sound so good.

ENJOY!!

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

Comment by Silver's Reviews | April 18, 2016 | Reply

• Now I just need to find the time to read them!

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 19, 2016 | Reply

4. I love a good library sale – and the romances you found 🙂

Comment by Mary | April 18, 2016 | Reply

• I definitely need to read more romances!

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 19, 2016 | Reply

5. Oh, for a good library sale near me! A great haul!

Comment by debbierodgers @Exurbanis | April 18, 2016 | Reply

6. I love book sales! Good haul!

Comment by Vicki | April 18, 2016 | Reply

7. You brought home some good ones! Looking forward to Fool Me Once.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | April 18, 2016 | Reply

8. These all sound good, Stacy! I need to read more by Jill Shalvis. I’ve enjoyed the books I have read by her.

Comment by Literary Feline | April 20, 2016 | Reply