A Day In the Life

A Day in the LifeFor some reason  I thought this was next week, but that’s okay because I did record last Wednesday, March 16th.  A look into a random day of my life, chosen because I actually had time to make notes.  I know it’s tedious and boring, but it was interesting for me to see where I wasted my time. Although, not a typical day because reading for book group and book group itself took such a big chunk of it, I don’t think there ever is a typical day in the life of a stay at home mom 🙂

12:00-12:45 am It’s midnight and I get into bed.  Jason’s snoring (this is unusual) and it keeps me awake.  Watch/listen to 1 1/2 episodes of The Big Bang Theory.

12:45-1:45 am Sleep

1:45-2:15 am Loud storm wakes me up.  Both my guys can sleep through anything, but once Sammi realized I was awake she came to snuggle.

2:15-5:45 am Sleep

5:45 am Jason’s alarm goes off. Grrr.

6:15 am Jason wakes me back up to tell me goodbye and ask if I knew that I had made reservations for dinner and theater downtown on St. Patrick’s Day.  I hadn’t and I’m pretty sure a swear word was said before I set my phone for 30 more minutes of ‘sleep’.

6:45-7:10 am Throw on a sweatshirt, brush my teeth, wash my face. In the kitchen get Gage’s breakfast ready.  Pear juice with probiotic and vitamin D, apple slices, and throw together  some quick ‘bread’ with maple syrup (takes only 10 minutes in the oven and 4 ingredients! )

7:10 am Wake up Gage and get him to the table.  Prepare snacks and lunch for school.  Supervise getting dressed.

7:40 am Out the door for school.

day3

8:12 am Back home.  Eat some of the syrup bread. Check emails, Facebook.  Have sinus headache so I take Sudafed and head back to bed.

8:25-9:45 am Sleep cuddled with Sammi, the girl is needy.

9:45 am Shower & get dressed

10:00 am Listen to 11/22/63 by Stephen King while I make coffee and clean the kitchen

10:15 am Have coffee and egg while I read Orphan 8 by Kim van Alkemade for book group tonight.  I seriously work better under pressure 🙂

10:40 am Laundry, order prescription.

10:50 Tried updating my blog quiz but WordPress has been so funky lately. Give up.  Make hair appointment because of this.

day1

11:00 am Message a few of Jason’s friends for a 40th birthday idea.

11:10-11:30 am Phone call with a mom of Gage’s classmate to plan a playdate.  We end up talking about her upcoming Spring Break vacation.  She is taking her FOUR SONS, ages 5-12, to Arizona BY HERSELF.  Her husband will meet them later.  She’s a rockstar.

11:30 am More laundry – still with me?  Put some make-up and run my fingers through my hair.  Get stuff read for the post office.

12:00 pm Out the door

12:08 pm Post office.

12:15-12:45 pm Lunch at Chipotle as I finished the book for tonight.

12:50 pm Stop at Marc’s for kitty litter.

1:10 pm Home

1:15 pm Computer time. Check the news and listen to CNN. I’m so happy to be an Ohioan today since we gave Trump ZERO delegates yesterday.

1:30 pm Called to cancel a few weeks of Gage’s nature camp for the summer. I found out he was accepted into a private school yesterday and they want all new kids to attend a four week camp there.

1:40-1:55 pm Blog still glitchy 😦 Took extra time to get around it.

1:55-2:10 pm Facebook and clutter control. RSVPd to a birthday party for Gage’s friend, Arihant.  It’s FOUR hours for a 6-year-old birthday party at their house.  I know some brave mamas!

2:11 pm Out the door.

2:46 pm Home with Gage where we play dinosaurs, Hay Day on the iPad and watch a little Curious George.

3:30 pm Snack and more play.

3:50 pm Found these train stickers stuck to our table 😦

day2

3:55 pm At Gage’s request, we finished learning about the state of California by making a Redwood forest.  And then he got crazy with the scraps of paper and glue and made a monster.

4:10 pm Got mail.

IMG_6568

4:30 pm Gage is at Speech therapy and I read the discussion section at the end of Orphan 8. Totally makes the book better.  Answered a few texts and got into a political discussion on Facebook.  Sometimes I just can’t help myself!

5:15 pm Speech is over.

5:25 pm We’re home and start dinner.

5:35 pm Jason gets home a little early.  Feed the boys.

6:35 pm Leave for Bonnie’s house.

7:00-10:15 pm Bonnie from Redlady’s Reading Room graciously invited me to her book group. It was my first time and the ladies were lovely.  Everyone enjoyed the book and it led to some good discussion. I look forward to the next one.

10:45 pm Home. Check in with Jason.

11:00 pm Print the March Madness bracket and spend some time filling it out. Jason and I have been competing for 20 years! The winner gets to choose the next 5 theater movies and I’ve lost 3 years in a row 😦

11:45 pm Return a few emails.

12:10 pm Check in on Gage. get read for bed, cat cuddles.

1:00 am Sleep.

Check out Trish’s blog for more blogger days 🙂

March 23, 2016 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. The book group sounds fun! I like that it’s a fellow book blogger’s book group too. 🙂 Can’t wait to hear what you thought of Orphan 8. I loved hearing about your day, Stacy. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. Gage is such a big boy now!

Comment by Literary Feline | March 23, 2016 | Reply

• I feel like I didn’t do much but did get a few things marked off my to-do list!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 27, 2016 | Reply

2. Whew, what a busy day. Taking care of little ones can be exhausting! Good luck with your bracket!

Comment by BermudaOnion | March 23, 2016 | Reply

• My bracket broke 😦 I’ve now lost 4 years in a row and I’m not happy about it!!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 27, 2016 | Reply

3. I am sure Jason’s bracket was busted when Michigan State lost just like mine was! Hope you win this year. I enjoyed Orphan 8 too. Sounds like your book group did as well. I can’t believe how big Gage is!! Don’t feel bad about the gray hair, mine started turning in my 20’s!!!! Girl, you need to get more sleep!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | March 23, 2016 | Reply

• I am a terrible sleeper – I admit it. I am a night owl and would gladly sleep from 2-10 everyday, but that’s just not in the cards. I picked MSU to go farther than Jason and I still lost :(!!!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 27, 2016 | Reply

4. Of course what stood out for me is that you’re listening to 11/22/63. How is it?

Comment by Lloyd Russell | March 23, 2016 | Reply

• Oh, I loved it!!!! I’m looking forward to watching the mini-series. Have your started watching it?

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 23, 2016 | Reply

5. This was fun, Stacy! Oh, and say hey to Bonnie for all of us. A book group sounds like a good ‘out of the house’ thing for you. And I agree that it’s time for you to win the basketball challenge between you two. LOL

Comment by Kay | March 24, 2016 | Reply

• I lost the basketball challenge AGAIN! 😦 Bonnie has been very gracious to me. She also invited me to a new autism parent support group that her friend started a few months ago. Book bloggers are awesome!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 27, 2016 | Reply

6. Do your days fly by? I remember when my kids were Gage’s age – the days were a blur. Thanks for sharing your day. I hope you win the March Madness this year 🙂

Comment by Mary | March 24, 2016 | Reply

• This day didn’t fly by because I didn’t have any appointments while Gage was at school. Some days and weeks fly by and I don’t even know what happened!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 27, 2016 | Reply

7. Wow, a four hour party for six year olds sounds extremely daunting! And the mother taking four sons on a trip by herself – wow. All these amazing moms, including you! It’s very inspiring!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | March 24, 2016 | Reply

• I can’t even comprehend the mother of four’s life 🙂 They came here for a playdate and her son kept pointing things out like, look how many shoes they have by the door, etc. Everyone at their house only got one pair, hahaha. I’d never make it there, I’m not nearly organized enough for it!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 24, 2016 | Reply

8. I enjoyed this post Stacy. Moms do have busy days (retirees boring ones sometimes LOL). The picture of your roots cracked me up.

Comment by Diane | March 24, 2016 | Reply

• Except for the book group, this was a boring day too 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 24, 2016 | Reply

9. I have a feeling you might win the bracket this year, but I can’t tell you I’m happy about it.

Comment by snoozing on the sofa | March 24, 2016 | Reply

• Haha. I’m still behind! I need Miami to win this weekend and Kansas to win it all or I’m done 😦 Jason had to watch the MSU game at work where everyone was cheering against him.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 24, 2016 | Reply

10. I enjoyed reading about your day. I too need to go get my hair done. Would you mind sharing your bread recipe? I’ve been looking for an easy one. Gage is too cute!

Comment by Vicki | March 24, 2016 | Reply

11. You are a night owl! Does it come naturally or is this from needing alone time after mommying all day? Congrats on Gage getting into the private school! And I had to laugh at the stickers. They are everywhere at our house. So cool about book club with Bonnie!!

Thanks for sharing your day Stacy. 🙂

Comment by Trish | March 28, 2016 | Reply

• I’ve always been aa night owl. This mothering thing is very hard on my internal clock!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 28, 2016 | Reply