Another birthday and a check-in with the bucket list I made when I was 40. I did visit a new state and have managed to raise a pretty cool almost 5 year old and am getting ready to celebrate another year of marriage. But I really need to pick something to mark off my list by next year!
1. Write and publish a novel.
2. Open my own bookstore.
3. Spend a night in an English castle.
4. Visit Ireland.
5. Meet a US president.
6. Learn to start a fire without matches. (this probably comes from watching too many seasons of Survivor)
7. Learn to play the piano.
8. Raise a happy and successful son.
9. Celebrate my 50th anniversary. (almost 17 in)
10. Make exercise a daily priority.
11. Get back to my wedding weight, just once.
12. Try a vegetarian diet for a year.
13. Drive across the country.
14. Visit all 50 states. I got to mark off Indiana this year when I spent time at the University of Notre Dame, giving me 23.
15. Stay in an overnight car on a train trip.
16. Fly first class.
17. Take Gage to Italy.
18. Ride a boat down the Mississippi River.
19. Trace ancestry to when all branches entered the US. (we’ve been here a long time so this will take many more years of research)
20. Tour Napa Valley.
21. Live somewhere warm year round. (As a midwestern girl I love my seasons but I’d like to see if I’m missing anything :))
22. Volunteer on a political campaign.
23. Sit on a jury.
24. Buy only American for 1 year.
25. Have a library with wall-to-wall built-in bookcases.
26. Write and mail 1000 letters. These can include cards if I include a personal note.
27. Be an extra in a movie.
28. Watch a play from backstage.
29. Go skiing.
30. Attend a murder mystery dinner. 9/2013
31. Volunteer weekly.
32. Read all the books I own. (I’d like to have no TBR pile just once. I can give away books to reach this goal)
33. Start my own book club.
34. See all 4 tennis majors. (2 down, Wimbledon & Australian Open to go) A few throwback pics for fun.
US Open 2005
French Open 2010
35. Give blood.
36. Sleep under the stars.
37. Have a hammock.
38. Fire a gun.
39. Own a B&B.
40. Do a random act of kindness every day.