Rocco DiSpirito’s The Pound a Day Diet, Week 2

Hm, let me say that week 2 on Rocco’s diet was not successful.  Three days I had minor to major cheats (two date nights and a family trip to Five Guys where I was able to resist the burger but not the fries) and didn’t lose any weight.  That doesn’t make me a happy camper.  I’m not throwing in the towel.  I’m back on this week until Thursday and Friday.

Let’s talk shirataki noodles.  Ever had them?  They are in quite a few of these recipes as a pasta replacement.  There are tofu brands but I’ve only tried the soy varieties.  A little more about them if you aren’t familiar.  My regular grocery store didn’t have them, but  the health one did.  I tried the angel hair with a teriaki sauce (it was okay), the fettuccine with a cheese sauce (inedible, threw it didn’t away instead of eating it), and the spaghetti with a peanut and a lemon sauce (both were good).  I think they are best if you cook them long enough but if you’ve any experience with them let me know because they are a great carb replacement and I’d like to know if there is a trick to them.

I forgot to take a picture this week but I did have a favorite recipe.

IMG_1355[1]

So, week 2 I managed to keep off the first 6 pounds but wasn’t able to lose more, but I can’t completely blame that on the diet since I ate 2 meals out and had a bunch of Five Guys Fries (they were so worth it though!).

November 24, 2014 - Posted by | Uncategorized | ,

1. Good luck! Losing weight is tough. I’m just trying to not gain more weight while in Japan! It’s so tough.

Comment by Heather | November 24, 2014 | Reply

• Shirataki noodles are Japanese. Do they serve them there?

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 24, 2014 | Reply

2. That’s ok Stacy stick with it, you are doing great.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | November 24, 2014 | Reply

• Thanks Diane! I need all the encouragement I can get!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 24, 2014 | Reply

3. Maintenance is just as good as losing. You didn’t gain the weight in a couple of months, I’m sure, so just have patience that it will come off eventually. “Forgive” yourself and just move on. I don’t think I could make it through the holidays being on a diet. Who am I kidding? I can’t stick to any diet, anytime. 🙂

Comment by susieq512 | November 26, 2014 | Reply

4. […] 2 update – lost 0 😦 gained 0 […]

Pingback by Rocco DiSpirito’s The Pound a Day Diet, week three « Stacy's Books | December 2, 2014 | Reply