June’s movies & $ for charity

Lots of good movies this month!

Add your 5 words (or less!) to mine and earn $1 for charity.  Once we get to $100 the person with the most reviews will choose the charity.  Click here to see the past winners, the charities they chose and the other reviews you can add to.  Anyone is welcome to join in at any time.

I hope that you will take a few minutes to participate when you can each month.  It’s fun for me and for everyone else who reads it.  I’m not looking for a critical review, just a few words about how you felt about the movie.  This is ongoing so you can leave your 5 words anytime.

We’re up to $34

The male and female leads, wearing battle armor, holding large guns, and looking battle-worn, stand against an urban background devastated by war. The sky is golden, meteors are falling, and Nelson's Column can be seen in the background.Edge of Tomorrow, 2014 (Cast-Tome Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton, Brendan Gleeson)                      Grade A-

It’s Groundhog Day with aliens!

Awesome! Totally off the hook!  (Michelle)

Mind trip was freaky good!  (Sheree)

Watch it again. And again.  (Tony)

The Lincoln Lawyer Poster.jpgThe Lincoln Lawyer, 2011 (Cast-Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Phillipe, Marisa Tomei, William H. Macy, Josh Lucas)    Grade B

Solid thriller. Hope there’s more!

Not as good as the book.   (Kathy)

Ryan Phillipe was soooo creepy!   (Tara)

Smart thriller. Terrific characters.   (Michelle)

Jersey Boys Poster.jpgJersey Boys, 2014 (Cast-John Lloyd Young, Erich Bergen, Michael Lomenda, Vincent Piazza, Christopher Walken)    Grade B

Nothing compares to live Broadway.

The music will never die.   (Michelle)

Chipmunk singing ruined great music 😉   (Sheree)

SinisterMoviePoster2012.jpgSinister, 2012 (Cast-Ethan Hawke, Juliet Rylance, James Ransone, Fred Thompson)    Grade B

Creepy.  Checked locks halfway through!

Love! Have watched 20 times   (Michelle)

Dead Again poster.JPGDead Again, 1991 (Cast-Kennth Branaugh, Emma Thompson, Andy Garcia, Robin Williams)                                      Grade B

Melodramatic, but haunting scissor thriller

Kill me please…again.   (Michelle)

Paranoia Poster.jpgParanoia, 2013 (Cast-Liam Hemsworth, Gary Oldman, Harrison Ford, Amber Heard)             Grade C+

A solid tech-heavy thriller.

The Color Of Money.jpgThe Color of Money, 1986 (Cast-Paul Newman, Tom Cruise, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio)     Grade C

Pool=Boring. Newman, Cruise=Excellent

An ex-husband fave…enough said. 😉   (Michelle)

July 1, 2014 - Posted by | 5 Word Movie Reviews |

1. The only one of those I’ve seen is The Lincoln Lawyer and it’s been a while. (I’m anxious to see Jersey Boys, though!) About The Lincoln Lawyer, I’d say: Not as good as the book. No surprise there, right?

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 1, 2014 | Reply

• The movies rarely are! Jesey Boys was good, it probably didn’t help that we had just seen the show last month! We thought two of the actors on the touring Broadway show were better than the movie actors!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 1, 2014 | Reply

2. LOVED The Lincoln Lawyer!! I read the book about a week before the movie came out and was surprised how well it stuck to the bookml. But in five words: Ryan Phillipe was soooo creepy!

Comment by Tara | July 1, 2014 | Reply

3. I enjoyed Lincoln Lawyer, both the book and the movie. I saw Edge of Tomorrow this past week and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I am glad you did too.

Comment by Literary Feline | July 1, 2014 | Reply

• I started with a B+ for EOT but as I put together this post I realized that it was A worthy 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 1, 2014 | Reply

4. Haven’t seen any of them!

Comment by Tony Laplume | July 1, 2014 | Reply

• Did you see A Million Ways to Die yet? what did you think?

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 1, 2014 | Reply

5. Edge of Tomorrow – Awesome! Totally off the hook!
    The Lincoln Lawyer – Smart thriller. Terrific characters.
    Jersey Boys – The music will never die.
    Sinister – Love! Have watched 20 times
    Dead Again – Kill me please…again.
    The Color of Money – an ex-husband fave…enough said. 😉

I can’t believe I’ve seen most of your list this time!

Comment by thetruebookaddict | July 2, 2014 | Reply

• I can’t believe you’ve seen Sinister 20 times!!! That movie left me freaked out!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 11, 2014 | Reply

• I LOVE horror movies and when it’s a good one, I end up watching it multiple times when it comes on cable. My mom and I live to see horror movies and we think that one should be released every week. 😉

Comment by thetruebookaddict | July 11, 2014

6. Dead Again sounds very familiar and I know I saw Color of Money, I could never forget a Paul Newman movie. But I can’t remember details! I haven’t seen anything current. The last movie I saw in the theater was the latest Star Trek, and I dragged myself there because of the special effects.

Comment by Leslie | July 2, 2014 | Reply

7. Edge of Tomorrow – mind trip was freaky good (even though I can’t stand Tom Cruise lol)
    Jersey Boys – chipmunk singing ruined great music 😉

Comment by Teddyree | July 9, 2014 | Reply

• I was surprised at how much I liked Edge of Tomorrow. I don’t have a problem with TC but I’m not a huge fan of his latest action movies.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 11, 2014 | Reply

8. Scissor thriller? like ‘slasher flick’? Good to know that the Live Die Repeat is good.

Comment by Care | July 9, 2014 | Reply

• Scissor thriller is a cagey but apt description 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 11, 2014 | Reply

9. The only one I’ve seen is The Color of Money. I need to see what the others are about!

Comment by Vicki | July 14, 2014 | Reply

10. […] Edge of Tomorrow.  My other favorite movie was Groundhog Day with guns and aliens. […]

Pingback by 2014 Movie Favorites and Stats « Stacy's Books | December 30, 2014 | Reply