Weekends with Gage – A long week of hellos and goodbyes

This last week has been a looooong week.  I took a 2 1/2 hour nap today and feel human again.  Here’s what’s been going on this week…

Goodbye Scout. We adopted Scout in August 1998 when she was around 3 months old.  We had to say a sad goodbye on Wednesday after 15 and a half years.  I admit that I still hear her meows around the house.  Gage knows that she lives in Heaven now and not with us. What he understands about that is a mystery.  Some cute kitty pics I could get my hands on fast.

Hello Flu!  It started with vomiting early last Sunday morning, followed by a runny nose, cough, fever, not eating.  A week of sleeping in bed with mom, watching Madagascar way too many times, three trips to the doctor and a very sad boy who didn’t get to go to school or do anything fun.  Not that he had the energy for it.  Jason and I snuck away for dinner last night and came him right after to another fever.

Goodbye Marissa.  Marissa is one of Gage’s ABA tutors who has been coming to our house to work with Gage for the last year.  She is such a positive person and was so good with him.  We will all miss her, but she earned her Master’s degree in December and found  job in Pittsburgh.  Her last day was this morning.

Hello Grandma and Grandpa!  They are here and not a moment too soon.  They moved into their apartment on Monday and have been over every day this week to give me some help/relief/distraction with Gage.  It’s so nice to have back-up. I think I could get used to this.

Goodbye (fingers crossed) Flu.  Today is the first day all week that Gage hasn’t woken up with a fever. Yea!  He may actually be able to go to school tomorrow.  Double Yea!

15 thoughts on “Weekends with Gage – A long week of hellos and goodbyes

1. Mary says:

Oh Stacy, what a week! I’m so sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet Scout. ((hugs)) I hope Gage feels better every day and can head back to school. So nice to have your parents nearby to help. Is this a permanent move? I hope this week is much more relaxing for you all!

2. Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) says:

You certainly had one of those weeks! So sorry about your beloved Scout. Big hug to all of you. So glad to hear your parents have moved in, you will be blessed by their nearness! I hope to continue to be close to my new grandbaby too. (He or She arrives in June).

3. thetruebookaddict says:

I’m so sorry about Scout. It’s so very hard to lose a beloved pet. I’ve been through it many times. We lost our Ethan when the boys were close to Gage’s age. Hope he’s taking it okay.

Glad to hear he’s feeling better. The flu is scary in the little ones. And glad to hear that your parents are all moved in. It’s wonderful to have the parents living nearby.

Have a great week!

4. sandynawrot says:

We had some bad stuff in our house last week too. Lord I hope we are DONE with that. And I’m so sorry about your kitty. We have lost pets over the years, but my kitty Hope (who I had since college) really hit me hard. I would hear her meow too, and wake up from sleep and think I saw her at the end of my bed. 😦

5. Veens says:

What a long week. I am sorry to hear about your cat, I am glad that Gage has some way to understand about it. I am so sorry about Melissa and then the illness, it is no fun really and I am glad he is over it and that the Grandparents are such a blessing.

6. Teddyree says:

What a week! Poor Gage certainly copped a nasty dose.of sickness, hope he’s recovered and up to doing fun stuff this week! Lovely you now have your parents close by, that is sure a blessing. Scout was such a cutie, saying goodbye to our family furbabies is always hard.{{ Hugs}}

7. Beth Hoffman says:

I’m behind on reading blogs and just now saw this. I am so, so sorry that your sweet Scout has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. It’s so hard to say goodbye to a precious furry friend.