Weekends with Gage – A long week of hellos and goodbyes

This last week has been a looooong week.  I took a 2 1/2 hour nap today and feel human again.  Here’s what’s been going on this week…

Goodbye Scout. We adopted Scout in August 1998 when she was around 3 months old.  We had to say a sad goodbye on Wednesday after 15 and a half years.  I admit that I still hear her meows around the house.  Gage knows that she lives in Heaven now and not with us. What he understands about that is a mystery.  Some cute kitty pics I could get my hands on fast.

scout1scout2scout3scout4scout5

Hello Flu!  It started with vomiting early last Sunday morning, followed by a runny nose, cough, fever, not eating.  A week of sleeping in bed with mom, watching Madagascar way too many times, three trips to the doctor and a very sad boy who didn’t get to go to school or do anything fun.  Not that he had the energy for it.  Jason and I snuck away for dinner last night and came him right after to another fever.

Goodbye Marissa.  Marissa is one of Gage’s ABA tutors who has been coming to our house to work with Gage for the last year.  She is such a positive person and was so good with him.  We will all miss her, but she earned her Master’s degree in December and found  job in Pittsburgh.  Her last day was this morning.

marissa

Hello Grandma and Grandpa!  They are here and not a moment too soon.  They moved into their apartment on Monday and have been over every day this week to give me some help/relief/distraction with Gage.  It’s so nice to have back-up. I think I could get used to this.

Goodbye (fingers crossed) Flu.  Today is the first day all week that Gage hasn’t woken up with a fever. Yea!  He may actually be able to go to school tomorrow.  Double Yea!

February 9, 2014 - Posted by | Gage

1. Oh Stacy, what a week! I’m so sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet Scout. ((hugs)) I hope Gage feels better every day and can head back to school. So nice to have your parents nearby to help. Is this a permanent move? I hope this week is much more relaxing for you all!

Comment by Mary | February 9, 2014 | Reply

2. I am so sorry to hear about Scout. I know you must miss her terribly. I sure hope that nasty flu has left y’all for good!

Comment by BermudaOnion | February 9, 2014 | Reply

3. You certainly had one of those weeks! So sorry about your beloved Scout. Big hug to all of you. So glad to hear your parents have moved in, you will be blessed by their nearness! I hope to continue to be close to my new grandbaby too. (He or She arrives in June).

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | February 9, 2014 | Reply

4. I’m so sorry about Scout. It’s so very hard to lose a beloved pet. I’ve been through it many times. We lost our Ethan when the boys were close to Gage’s age. Hope he’s taking it okay.

Glad to hear he’s feeling better. The flu is scary in the little ones. And glad to hear that your parents are all moved in. It’s wonderful to have the parents living nearby.

Have a great week!

Comment by thetruebookaddict | February 10, 2014 | Reply

5. We had some bad stuff in our house last week too. Lord I hope we are DONE with that. And I’m so sorry about your kitty. We have lost pets over the years, but my kitty Hope (who I had since college) really hit me hard. I would hear her meow too, and wake up from sleep and think I saw her at the end of my bed. 😦

Comment by sandynawrot | February 10, 2014 | Reply

6. Wow, what a lot of painful goodbyes! But a great hello!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | February 10, 2014 | Reply

7. What an emotion-filled week…hugs.

Comment by lakesidemusing | February 10, 2014 | Reply

8. What a long week. I am sorry to hear about your cat, I am glad that Gage has some way to understand about it. I am so sorry about Melissa and then the illness, it is no fun really and I am glad he is over it and that the Grandparents are such a blessing.

Comment by Veens | February 10, 2014 | Reply

9. Sounds like a tough week. I’m glad Gage is finally starting to feel better though.

Comment by Carol | February 10, 2014 | Reply

10. What a week! Poor Gage certainly copped a nasty dose.of sickness, hope he’s recovered and up to doing fun stuff this week! Lovely you now have your parents close by, that is sure a blessing. Scout was such a cutie, saying goodbye to our family furbabies is always hard.{{ Hugs}}

Comment by Teddyree | February 10, 2014 | Reply

11. Stacy, I am so sorry that you had such an awful week. Poor Gage, and my heart goes out to all with the loss of Scout. (You know what cat people we are –I feel for you)

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | February 10, 2014 | Reply

12. I hope things are better this week especially since Grandma and Grandpa have arrived. And so sorry to hear about Scout.

Comment by Leslie | February 11, 2014 | Reply

13. Not a boring week!

Comment by Lloyd Russell | February 11, 2014 | Reply

14. I’m behind on reading blogs and just now saw this. I am so, so sorry that your sweet Scout has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. It’s so hard to say goodbye to a precious furry friend.

Comment by Beth Hoffman | February 12, 2014 | Reply

15. so sad about the cat 😦 Hope the flu has gone away.

Comment by kelley | February 17, 2014 | Reply