Belated birthday bucket list

Another birthday came and went and I forgot to revisit the Bucket List I made when I turned 40.  Yes, it is only 2 years later, but last year I posted my one accomplishment.  Sadly, I didn’t get to mark anything off the list this year, but I did add one state to #14.

1. Write and publish a novel.

2. Open my own bookstore.

3. Spend a night in an English castle.

4. Visit Ireland.

5. Meet a US president.

6. Learn to start a fire without matches.

7. Learn to play the piano.

8. Raise a happy and successful son.

9. Celebrate my 50th anniversary. (15 in)

10. Make exercise a daily priority.

11. Get back to my wedding weight, just once.

12. Try a vegetarian diet for a year.

13. Drive cross country.

14. Visit all 50 states. (Only counting those states where I spent any significant time seeing a sight or two, I’m at 23.  I got to add Vermont this year :))

IMG_4104Have I spent time in your state?

15. Stay in an overnight car on a train trip.

16. Fly first class.

17. Take Gage to Italy.

18. Ride a boat down the Mississippi River.

19. Trace ancestry to when all branches entered the US.  (we’ve been here a long time so this will take many more years of research)

20. Spend a week touring Napa Valley.

21. Live somewhere warm year round.

22. Volunteer on a political campaign.

23. Sit on a jury.

24. Buy only American for 1 year.

25. Have a library with wall-to-wall built-in bookcases.

26. Write and mail 1000 letters. These can include cards if I include a personal note. (Not much of a dent with 32 this year for a total of 94)

27. Be an extra in a movie.

28. Watch a play from backstage.

29. Go skiing.

30. Attend a murder mystery dinner. September 2012

31. Volunteer weekly.

32. Read all the books I own.  (I’d like to have no TBR pile just once.  I can give away books to reach this goal)

33. Start my own book club.

34. See all 4 tennis majors. (2 down, Wimbledon & Australian Open to go)

35. Give blood.

36. Sleep under the stars.

37. Have a hammock.

38. Fire a gun.

39. Learn to sew.

40. Do a random act of kindness every day. (a work in progress. I am trying to be more aware, but still not happening every day)

What should I mark off the list this year?  Do you have a bucket list?

October 24, 2013 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. You have been to my state, but you could come back! 🙂

Comment by bermudaonion (Kathy) | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• I would love to! Someday to visit Charleston for sure.

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 24, 2013 | Reply

2. Is a bucket list supposed to be so daunting?

Comment by Lloyd Russell | October 24, 2013 | Reply

3. That is a damn fine bucket list, if I say so myself. Some of these things I’ve done, some I haven’t, and most I’d put on MY list for sure! (And you have been to my state! We have warm weather 360 days a year.)

Comment by sandynawrot | October 24, 2013 | Reply

4. You seem to be going out of your way to avoid Indiana.

Comment by snoozing on the sofa | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• I noticed that too 🙂 I’ve driven through it many times and somehow never stopped.

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 24, 2013 | Reply

5. I can think of several things on your list that I want to do! I don’t have a bucket list myself. I am too chicken to make one.

Comment by Literary Feline (@LiteraryFeline) | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• I remember it took time over the course of a week to come up with it. It is fun to look at every year and gauge how I;m doing on the big goals (not very well so far!).

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 24, 2013 | Reply

6. That’s one heck of a bucket list. Maybe this coming year you could do two things on your list simultaneously: get a hammock and sleep under the stars!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• I love it! That is a great idea, Beth 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 24, 2013 | Reply

7. You need to visit more New England States – did u drive through CT and MA to get to VT? LOL You must visit Maine and Rhode Island also

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• We drove through PA and NY to get to Vermont. I wish we’d had time to do all of New England. Next time!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 24, 2013 | Reply

8. you have not spent time in my state! for shame!!
    I do not have a bucket list but I think it’s a great idea 🙂

Comment by Marie (@bostonbibliophl) | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• One day. When I was in jr. high I always said I wanted to live in Boston when I grew up (I blame this on my Celtics fandom) and yet I’ve still never been there 😦

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 24, 2013 | Reply

9. I love your list. Many things I would love to do too. You have visited my State! ;O0. Is #32 even possible?

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• Probably not, but maybe if I open my bookstore 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 27, 2013 | Reply

10. You’ve been to my state, but I would encourage you to make Maine a high priority 🙂

Comment by lakesidemusing | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• Everyone I know who has been to Maine raves about it!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 27, 2013 | Reply

11. Ha, I have #32 on my list… since 1997… and still not done. In fact, it’s become even harder. #35 would be an easy one to check off!

Comment by Christa @ mental fooide | October 24, 2013 | Reply

• Yes, #32 does get harder every year! The only time I’ve ever had blood drawn is when I was pregnant and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 27, 2013 | Reply

12. Oops fast finger – forgot to say, Happy belated Birthday!!

Comment by Christa @ mental fooide | October 24, 2013 | Reply

13. What a fun list! Except for #23 – yuck! LOL

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | October 26, 2013 | Reply

• I’m curious about the process. My dad has served on 2 or 3!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 27, 2013 | Reply

14. That’s a very ambitious list. I’d have to live a long time to accomplish all that. But maybe that’s a way to stay alive and active for many years. 🙂

Comment by Leslie | October 27, 2013 | Reply

• That’s why I need to get something checked off every year!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 27, 2013 | Reply

15. Perhaps you can do an endless summer and travel to Oz to see Australian open then work your way to Italy and eventually back home. Then you can tick of 3 on your list. Living some where warm for a year, Aussie open and Italy with Gage 🙂

A very interesting list 🙂