Another birthday came and went and I forgot to revisit the Bucket List I made when I turned 40. Yes, it is only 2 years later, but last year I posted my one accomplishment. Sadly, I didn’t get to mark anything off the list this year, but I did add one state to #14.
1. Write and publish a novel.
2. Open my own bookstore.
3. Spend a night in an English castle.
4. Visit Ireland.
5. Meet a US president.
6. Learn to start a fire without matches.
7. Learn to play the piano.
8. Raise a happy and successful son.
9. Celebrate my 50th anniversary. (15 in)
10. Make exercise a daily priority.
11. Get back to my wedding weight, just once.
12. Try a vegetarian diet for a year.
13. Drive cross country.
14. Visit all 50 states. (Only counting those states where I spent any significant time seeing a sight or two, I’m at 23. I got to add Vermont this year :))
15. Stay in an overnight car on a train trip.
16. Fly first class.
17. Take Gage to Italy.
18. Ride a boat down the Mississippi River.
19. Trace ancestry to when all branches entered the US. (we’ve been here a long time so this will take many more years of research)
20. Spend a week touring Napa Valley.
21. Live somewhere warm year round.
22. Volunteer on a political campaign.
23. Sit on a jury.
24. Buy only American for 1 year.
25. Have a library with wall-to-wall built-in bookcases.
26. Write and mail 1000 letters. These can include cards if I include a personal note. (Not much of a dent with 32 this year for a total of 94)
27. Be an extra in a movie.
28. Watch a play from backstage.
29. Go skiing.
30. Attend a murder mystery dinner. September 2012
31. Volunteer weekly.
32. Read all the books I own. (I’d like to have no TBR pile just once. I can give away books to reach this goal)
33. Start my own book club.
34. See all 4 tennis majors. (2 down, Wimbledon & Australian Open to go)
35. Give blood.
36. Sleep under the stars.
37. Have a hammock.
38. Fire a gun.
39. Learn to sew.
40. Do a random act of kindness every day. (a work in progress. I am trying to be more aware, but still not happening every day)
What should I mark off the list this year? Do you have a bucket list?