Weekends with Gage- the 3rd Birthday edition

So, Jason and I arrived back to our Cleveland area home Friday night at 10 pm from our weeklong Gageless vacation. It was exactly what we both needed and I will probably post a few fun pics next weekend.  This weekend it’s all about Gage.

He turned 3 today. I can’t believe it and yet I welcome it. I have never been a girl who had to have a baby. I love kids, but babies, not as much. So, as Gage sheds his baby status and heads into kid cuteness I am 100% on board. I love watching him grow and figure things out.  Life with Gage has been full of ups and downs, but the boy never ceases to amaze me.  He is smart and sweet, sassy and adorable.  My life has been transformed by him.  It’s a new journey that I am excited and privileged to take.

I don’t have the time right now to go through photos of the last year, BUT I can show him at every birthday.

Gage at 1.

Gage a t 2.

bdcake1Gage at 3.

And a few other pics from the day.

3bdcakeHis yummy dairy free, gluten free birthday cake made by Grandma. bdcake2Blowing out the last candle.  And Gage and me with his new engineer hat bdhatThis went very nicely with his new Thomas Lionel train set.  I hope to share this fun story with you later this week.

Can you believe that Gage is 3? And still not one haircut!  He seems to be keeping up with other kids his age in the height and weight department, but hair is different story.

October 20, 2013 - Posted by | Gage

1. Happy birthday to the cutest guy around!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | October 20, 2013 | Reply

2. He is so adorable, and getting so big! Happy birthday big guy!

Comment by sandynawrot | October 20, 2013 | Reply

3. No, I can’t believe he’s 3! I swear he gets cuter and cuter every day!

Comment by bermudaonion (Kathy) | October 20, 2013 | Reply

4. Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to Gage! It has been fun watching him grow over the last three years. I am sure he loves his train set.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | October 20, 2013 | Reply

5. Wishing Gage a very Happy Birthday! I can hardly believe he’s three!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | October 20, 2013 | Reply

6. Happiest of birthdays to Gage! So adorable! I love the Elmo cake!!!!

Comment by Heather | October 20, 2013 | Reply

7. Happy Birthday to your big, handsome, smartie boy.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | October 20, 2013 | Reply

8. That cake looks pretty yummy! Hope he had a great birthday!

Comment by Jo-Jo | October 20, 2013 | Reply

9. The look on his face when the candles were lit and we sang ‘Happy Birthday’ was pure joy. He is growing up and gets cuter and smarter every day! (If that is even possible:))

Comment by Gage's grandma | October 20, 2013 | Reply

10. Cute pics! I’m glad Gage had a great birthday. 🙂

Comment by thetruebookaddict | October 20, 2013 | Reply

11. Happy birthday sweet Gage!! Three–wow! Definitely not baby anymore and he is looking so grown up. Though I can’t comment on this post without saying something about that HUGE Elmo cake. Holy cow! 😉 Hope you all had a great celebration.

Comment by Trish | October 21, 2013 | Reply

12. Aww, what a cutie… looks like a happy day for all! Hard to believe he is 3.

Comment by lakesidemusing | October 21, 2013 | Reply

13. Happy birthday to Gage! I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. He’s such a cutie. 🙂

Comment by Anna (Diary of an Eccentric) | October 22, 2013 | Reply

14. Happy, Happy Birthday to Gage, he really is the cutest kid, have loved seeing him grow up via the pics and posts on your blog. Geez it’s gone fast 🙂

Comment by Teddyree | October 23, 2013 | Reply

15. Happy Birthday, Gage! I feel like your children are growing up together even though we’ve never met. 🙂

Comment by Literary Feline (@LiteraryFeline) | October 23, 2013 | Reply

16. happy birthday gage! and yes it is a wonderful journey.

Comment by kelley | October 28, 2013 | Reply

17. Happy Belated Birthday to Gage! Love the hat!

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | November 2, 2013 | Reply