Tom Clancy Quiz – guessing closed

Tom Clancy was a heavyweight in the bestseller department. I read and loved The Hunt for Red October (loved it so much more than the movie) and I’m not sure why I haven’t read another of his books yet.  Let’s see how well you know Tom.

I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round. For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else :)  You have til Sunday to guess.

No need to know all the answers, one guess and you’ll be eligible for a prize. No Googling!

1. Movie?  The Hunt for Red October

2. In which of his books do Iraq and Iran merge and Saddam Hussein is assassinated?  Executive Orders

3. Recurring character?  Jack Ryan

4. Name one of his 3 books not in a series.  Red Storm Rising, SSN, Against All Enemies

5. He played himself on this long running series.  The Simpsons

6. He was part owner of which baseball team?  Baltimore Orioles

7. What show did he compete on in 1997?  Jeopardy

8. How many children did Clancy leave behind?  5

9.Recurring series character that both Live and Willem are playing.  John Clark

10. What 3 actors have played Jack Ryan on film?  Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck

October 8, 2013 - Posted by | Quizzes | ,

1. Wow, I don’t think I know any of the answers so I’ll guess at a few. Don’t laugh!

1 – The Hunt for Red October
    3 – Jack Ryan
    5 – The Simpsons
    7 – Jeopardy
    10 – Harrison Ford,

Comment by bermudaonion (Kathy) | October 8, 2013 | Reply

• I’d never laugh 🙂 43 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 21, 2013 | Reply

3- Jack Ryan
    5- The Simpsons
    6- Baltimore Orioles
    7- Jeopardy
    10- Harrison Ford

Comment by Tara | October 8, 2013 | Reply

4. When Hunt for The Red October came out my neighbor/best friend and I took apart the book when she got about 1/2 way so I could begin reading it! It was my first book club. :o). We read when our babies were taking a nap! We read the next 5 books together as well before she moved to another state.
    1. The Hunt For Red October
    2. Executive Orders
    3. Jack Ryan (Harrison Ford)
    4. Red Storm Rising
    5. Simpsons?
    6. Since he lived in Maryland, I am guessing the Orioles
    7. Jeopardy
    8. 5
    9. John Clark
    10. Alec Baldwin
    Harrison Ford
    Ben Affleck

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | October 8, 2013 | Reply

• I love that you couldn’t wait to read it and took the book apart, That is true friendship right there 🙂 100 perfect TC points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 21, 2013 | Reply

5. […] you want to extend your break time I do have a Tom Clancy quiz posted […]

Pingback by Books on Books Mini-Challenge « Stacy's Books | October 12, 2013 | Reply

6. How’d you know I’m a fan of Tom Clancy’s work 🙂