Sundays with Gage – Plans are for healthy people

So, another Sunday and I’m still fighting a bug.  Lost my voice this week and it is slowly coming back online.   Do you know how hard it is to tell a 2-year-old NO a few dozen times a day with no voice?  Let’s just say I spent much of this week being ignored.  So, this meant that my plans for a book advent with 24 days of activities was curtailed this week.  We managed only two and the first one shouldn’t even count!

003We read The Child in the Manger, the first time Gage lasting only a few pages.  Each time we read it we made it a little further and I thought we were ready for the activity.  Telling the story as we put up our nativity.  Seriously, you’d think I don’t live with a two-year old.  I thought (or did I) that I could hand Gage a new toy and he was going to put it in the nativity without playing wildly with it first?  As you may have guessed already, meltdown ensued and nativity had to be removed from sight.  Lesson learned.  Next year get him his own play nativity set.

Next up we read Counting to Christmas which Gage didn’t care for much.  But one of the activities in the book is decorating cards and putting them in the mailbox.  Gage is not a crafter.  In his mommy and me class he is the first one up from the craft table if he sits down at all.  As an easy fix I thought he could help put stickers on a few envelopes and then we could walk down to the mailbox.  He actually helped with more later, but we only started with two.  His favorite part was playing with the stickers and playing with the mailbox.

001008004

031

December 9, 2012 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. Well, at least he had an excuse for not listening last week! He’s at that headstrong age, but it’s all good. I hope you’re back to normal soon!

Comment by BermudaOnion | December 9, 2012 | Reply

2. Sorry you are sick. That is the worst. Looks like he’s having so much fun this Christmas! Gabe has been loving setting up the tree, advent calendars, stories, candles, decor, etc! He can’t wait to make cookies and milk for Santa and the reindeer either. So fun with young kids. Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy as well.

Comment by Heather | December 9, 2012 | Reply

3. He is just so adorable – it cheers me up every Sunday to see new pictures! Hope you feel better and cheered up soon as well! :–)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | December 9, 2012 | Reply

4. I sure hope you get rid of that bug soon! Gage is just so cute.

Comment by Beth Hoffman | December 9, 2012 | Reply

5. Kathy says he’s at a headstrong age, but at 13 my son STILL doesn’t listen! He never grew out of it! Unfortunately even if momma gets sick, you still must be momma. Sure wish they would let us have some time off now and again.

Comment by Sandy | December 9, 2012 | Reply

6. LOL. it’s the age and boys seem more restless as that age IMO. Cuteness – love it.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | December 9, 2012 | Reply

7. He is such a cutie! I hope you feel better soon.

Comment by Vasilly | December 9, 2012 | Reply

8. Wait until he gets older and you make cookies together. That counts as crafting.
    I’ve had a bug for about a month now. It just keeps hanging on, so I feel your pain sister. Feel better soon and suck on some Halls 🙂

Comment by Jennygirl | December 9, 2012 | Reply

9. Looks like he is having fun! =) I hope you feel better soon!

Comment by my recent favorite books | December 10, 2012 | Reply

10. Must be a boy thing, mine still don’t listen lol. Cute photos of Gage doing his thing!
    No time is a good time to be sick but it’s especially hard coming up to Christmas. Hope you feel better soon

Comment by Teddyree | December 10, 2012 | Reply

11. Hope you’re feeling better soon! I remember how hard it was to chase after a toddler while sick. Glad you’re doing some Christmas-themed activities with him. He’s adorable!

Comment by Anna (Diary of an Eccentric) | December 10, 2012 | Reply

12. Wow! Look at Gage. He is so cute 🙂 At 2 and half, I still can’t get Aarya to be gentle with anything 🙂 I hope you feel better soon. I love the pic of Gage putting the stickers.

Comment by Veens | December 10, 2012 | Reply

13. I hope you’re feeling better. Gage is adorable as always.

Comment by Carol | December 10, 2012 | Reply

14. I love that you are really trying to get him involved in all the Christmas fun!

Comment by Amused By Books (@amusedbybooks) | December 10, 2012 | Reply

15. You should get one of those Fisher Price Little People nativity sets … they are made to be played with!! That would be a great gift from Santa perhaps. : )

Comment by Jenners | December 11, 2012 | Reply

16. And oh yeah … feel better soon!

Comment by Jenners | December 11, 2012 | Reply

17. I do hope you are feeling better, Stacy. 😦 We’ve all been sick at my house too. It’s no fun. Mouse was quite taken with my nativity scene too. Fortunately, the figures are made of a rubber like material and so she can play with them all she wants without doing damage. Baby Jesus keeps disappearing and I’m still not sure where she put the sheep.

Gage is getting so big! He’s still so adorable. I love this feature on your blog, Stacy. Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Literary Feline | December 12, 2012 | Reply

18. Yep, he’s pure boy!! You should have made two signs to hang around your neck..the words NO with a picture of Mommy with her no face and one with YES and mommy with her happy face!! LOL!! Hope you’re feeling better now!!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | December 12, 2012 | Reply