Cinderella Quiz – guessing closed

I am currently giving away the book Cinder on audio (here to enter) and thought we’d take a look at some other adaptations of the popular fairy tale.

You have until noon Sunday to submit your answers as a comment.  Comment will be hidden until I post the answers.  No Googling!

This round will last til August.  The person with the most points will win a B&N gift card (total $ based on # of total participants, so please play) and a randomly selected participant will win a fun prize from me.

Have fun and Good Luck!  Last week’s Dropout Quiz here.  Leaderboard and rules here.

I just need the name of the movie for the first five.  Some of are were very loose adaptations of Cinderella 😉

1.     Ever After  2.   Ella Enchanted/Princess Diaries 3.  A Cinderella Story  4.   Enchanted   5. Maid in Manhattan

6. Gregory Maguire took on the Wizard of Oz in his first book and Cinderella in his second.  Do you know the title?  Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister

7. Lil is the fallen godmother of Cinderella in this unique take on the Cinderella story written by Carolyn Turgeon.  Godmother:The Secret Cinderella Story

8. Mercedes Lackey rewrote the Cinderella story in this book, the first of the Five Hundred Kingdoms series.  The Fairy Godmother

9. A modern and fresh take on the fairy tale by Malinda Lo.  Ash

10. In Cinder by Marissa Meyer, what is it that makes her so unique?  (there are a few right answers here so don’t be afraid to guess)  There are many things but the most obvious is that she’s a cyborg.

June 26, 2012 - Posted by | Quizzes | ,

1. 1. Ever After
    2. Princess Diaries

Comment by Word Lily | June 26, 2012 | Reply

2. Oh gee, I have no clue with the first 5. My guesses for the rest:

6. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister?
    7. Godmother
    9.Ash
    10. She’s a robot

Comment by BermudaOnion | June 26, 2012 | Reply

3. I can’t believe I totally forgot to answer last’s weeks quiz! Oh well, I was so busy helping my friends get ready for their moving sale.

1. Ever After
    2. The Princess Diaries or Ella Enchanted
    3. Cinderella Story
    4. Enchanted
    5. Main in Manhatten
    6. Wicked & Confessions of An Ugly Stepsister
    7. Godmother
    8. Fairy Godmother
    9. ? Cindy Rella
    10. She is an awesome cyborg!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | June 26, 2012 | Reply

• 90 points! I think you’re still in good shape even after missing last week’s quiz 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 3, 2012 | Reply

4. Good grief! I’ve seen all of these, but actually titles?? Ha!
    1. Ella
    2. The Princess Diaries
    4. Enchanted
    7. Godmother
    9. Ash
    10. She’s a robot/cyborg

OK, Those are my answers and now I’m off to Google the rest because it’s going to drive me crazy wondering about them! Great quiz!! 🙂

Comment by Wrighty | June 26, 2012 | Reply

• 60 awesome and googlable points 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 3, 2012 | Reply

5. Movies?? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

9. Ash?
    10. Is that the cover where she looks like a cyborg or robot? Hmmm. I’ll go with robot, since, OMG, I so suck and it can’t possibly hurt.

Comment by softdrink | June 26, 2012 | Reply

• 15 points! There weren’t enough book alone to make the quiz. I did think of you when I threw the movies in 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 3, 2012 | Reply

6. ooohhhh…is it wierd that I can guess all the movies here at first glance? all of which I have seen multiple times 🙂

1. Ever After
    2. The Princess Diaries (oh it could be One day but the pic doesnt look from One day)
    3. Cinderella Man
    4. Enchanted
    5. Maid in Manhatten
    7. Godmother (I really want to read this book)
    9. Ash
    10. Haven’t read Cinder 🙂

Comment by VioletCrush | June 27, 2012 | Reply

• 65 points (1/2 for #3)! I’ve seen most of the movies more than once too 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 3, 2012 | Reply

7. oh, yeah. I got this one.

1. Ever After
    2. Ella Enchanted
    3. Uggh, on the tip of my tongue. I’m ashamed to say I actually watched this. While the doing the laundry though. A Cinderella Story???
    4. Enchanted
    5. Maid in Manhattan
    6. Confessions of a Wicked Stepsister
    9. Ash
    10. She’s a robot???

Comment by Stephanie D. | June 28, 2012 | Reply

• 65 points! Cinder is part robot, technically a cyborg. I watched the Cinderella Story too and it was awful.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 3, 2012 | Reply

8. 2. The Princess Diaries
    4. …. Confessions of a Shopaholic? Really taking a wild guess there.
    5. The Wedding Planner
    6. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
    7. Godmother
    8. The Fairy Godmother
    10. Haven’t read this one, but I’m going to guess it’s that she’s part robot?

Comment by Sarah Says Read | June 28, 2012 | Reply

9. […] fun and Good Luck!  Last week’s Cinderella Quiz here.  Leaderboard and rules […]

Pingback by Picture This Debut Novel Quiz « Stacy's Books | July 3, 2012 | Reply