Sundays with Gage- Sickness in the House

This will be a short one since it is late and we are too sick here to be concerned with lengthy blog posts.  This past Wednesday the three of us here all came down with varying degrees of sick.  To date, I seem to be the only one worse off, but I’m hoping my day of sleep will pay off tomorrow with the return of my voice and a less active cough.

Gage has also lost some of his voice.  On the plus side he chooses more carefully when he wants to cry.  On the negative side once he cries, his throat hurts and he cries louder and longer.  He needs to be held and walked constantly which would be challenging if we were healthy and since we’re not it has been an exhausting time.  I have a greater appreciation for single moms.  It has taken both Jason and I to get through this (and really we’re not through at all) and I can’t imagine trying to do it alone.  Much respect to the women who can pull it off.

We had him to the doctor on Wednesday and found out he has doubled his weight in under three months!  He’s up to 12 pounds 🙂

Here’s hoping next Sunday we’ll all be healthy!

27 thoughts on “Sundays with Gage- Sickness in the House

1. Teddyree says:

So sorry to hear you are all sick! Having a sick baby is challenging at any time but when mum and dad are sick too … phew it is exhausting. Hope you’re all feeling better soon 🙂

2. Thoughts of Joy says:

Sorry to read you are all sick. 😦 Healthy and healing thoughts are being sent your way.

I agree 100% about single parents. My heart goes out to them. Parenting can be exhausting even on good days!

3. Heather says:

Hope everyone feels better soon. When Gabe gets sick like that, without my hubby, it would be pretty darn hard to deal with it all. It’s so hard when the kids are sick and all we can do is give them hugs and kisses.

4. Kay says:

Oh, Stacy, I’m sorry you guys have been sick. It’s tough when your little one is sick, but when you are too, it’s really hard. Take care and best wishes for speedy recovery. 🙂

5. Gage's Grandma says:

Hope today found all of you feeling better. Give Gage a hug from us and try to take it easy yourself. Talk to you soon.

• stacybuckeye says:

It’s a lot different being sick with an infant to take care of. I’ve faced the reality of never having another pampered sick day 😦

6. jennygirl says:

Aww I swear Mom’s get it the worst. I think it’s becausse they are busy caring for all the sick people including themselves. Hope you all feel better soon 🙂
    get some rest.

7. Jenners says:

Oh … yuck. It is very very hard when you’re sick to be the caregiver isn’t it? I don’t know how single parents do it … I truly truly don’t.

Hope everyone gets well soon!

And glad to hear Gage is growing so well! YAY!