Feature Presentation…MONDAY MOVIE MEME
This week’s movie topic is all about Getting Older
Share on your blog movies about aging or being elderly, linking back here at The Bumbles.
This one was hard. I guess as I haven’t watched many movies on aging, but here area few I enjoyed.
1. Something’s Gotta Give (2003) I’m not always a Jack Nicholson fan, but he did win me over with this one. And I always like watching Diane Keaton on the big screen.
2. The Bucket List (2007) That Jack Nicholson film made me think of this one with Morgan Freeman. What’s on your bucket list?
3. Terms of Endearment (1983) And that Jack Nicholson movie made me think of this one. I was only 12 when I saw it for the first time and I cried buckets.
4. Two for the Road (1967) Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney are a married couple and the movie covers their 12 year marriage.
5. The Rocky series (1976, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1990, 2006) Taken as a whole these six movies starring Sylvester Stallone show how the boxer aged. The last one, Rocky Balboa, was especially poignant as he faced the choices he made in his life.
Do you have a favorite? Visit the Bumbles and see what other chose.