After many years of hosting this meme The Broke and the Bookish has passed it on to one of their own, Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
The prompt is ten books I could read forever. In the past re-reading books was something I did do, typically with favorite romances, but since I started blogging ten years ago not so much. I always start the year with the intent of rereading a favorite book, but it rarely happens. It doesn’t stop me from making it a goal.
What about you? Do you re-read books?
Books I have re-read
- I’ve read the Bible cover to cover several times.
- Quite a few of the Judith McNaught romances. Some of hers are romantic perfection.
- The Deadly series by Brenda Joyce. I read this a second time and talked about the historical romantic suspense series on the blog in the first few years.
- The Miracle of Mindfulness or any other Thich Nhat Hanh meditation book. These books really do help me stay in the moment.
- I re-read The Awakening by Kate Chopin for a readalong. A classic worth the time.
Books I’d like to re-read soon
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle is a childhood favorite I’d like to read again before seeing the movie.
- The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende was my first magical realism experience 20 years ago and I’d love to read again to see if it’s a good as I remember.
- I fell in love with Emerson in college and would love to dip back into his writing.
- I remember falling in love with The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and immediately buying the next two in the trilogy. That was 8 years ago and now I want to read it again and do the trilogy back to back to back.
- Maybe this will be year that I finally re-read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
10 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – Re-reading Books”
I was never much of a re-reader but used to re-read Little Women and The Diary of Anne Frank from time to time. I’d like to read the Harry Potter books again.
I actually really looking forward to re-reading Harry with Gage!! I’m a few years away.
I was just thinking about re-reading A Wrinkle in Time too.
Every time I look at my TBR pile, I realize once again that I have no time to re-read anything!
I can not re-read books but I love to re-read my favorite scenes. My TTT.
I do that too! 🙂
I do indeed reread books. Bunches of them. Or I listen to them on audio after having read them in print. I remember the cover on that Tea Rose book. That hat! I never read it though. Maybe one day.
Great list. I liked reading The Awakening too!
Here’s a link to my TTT for this week: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-20-books-i-want-to.html
I had hoped to have re-read A Wrinkle in Time by now, but it just hasn’t happened. Jane Eyre is one book I can read over and over. I just love that book.
I don’t re-read books often, but I just finished re-reading The Hound of the Baskervilles and started A Wrinkle in Time, also a re-read even though I don’t actually remember anything from it.