After many years of hosting this meme The Broke and the Bookish has passed it on to one of their own, Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
The prompt is ten books I could read forever. In the past re-reading books was something I did do, typically with favorite romances, but since I started blogging ten years ago not so much. I always start the year with the intent of rereading a favorite book, but it rarely happens. It doesn’t stop me from making it a goal.
What about you? Do you re-read books?
Books I have re-read
- I’ve read the Bible cover to cover several times.
- Quite a few of the Judith McNaught romances. Some of hers are romantic perfection.
- The Deadly series by Brenda Joyce. I read this a second time and talked about the historical romantic suspense series on the blog in the first few years.
- The Miracle of Mindfulness or any other Thich Nhat Hanh meditation book. These books really do help me stay in the moment.
- I re-read The Awakening by Kate Chopin for a readalong. A classic worth the time.
Books I’d like to re-read soon
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle is a childhood favorite I’d like to read again before seeing the movie.
- The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende was my first magical realism experience 20 years ago and I’d love to read again to see if it’s a good as I remember.
- I fell in love with Emerson in college and would love to dip back into his writing.
- I remember falling in love with The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and immediately buying the next two in the trilogy. That was 8 years ago and now I want to read it again and do the trilogy back to back to back.
- Maybe this will be year that I finally re-read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.