After many years of hosting this meme The Broke and the Bookish has passed it on to one of their own, Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week it’s all about our bookish goals for 2018.
- Reread a favorite book. It seems every year this is a goal and I rarely accomplish it.
- Read 15 classics. I need to read 30 books over the next two years for the Classics Club so I need to get reading before I break down and read the Spark Notes 😉
- Read a new/favorite author’s backlist. The first ones that comes to mind would be: Fredrik Backman (5), Susanna Kearsley (6), Paula McLain (4).
- Read review books in a timely fashion. I’m terrible. Unless I’m part of a tour they sit on my shelves way too long.
- Accept fewer review books. See #4 🙂
- Finish a series. I hate to start new series when I’m still behind on so many that I already read.
- Read 30 books in September. I started this on my 30 Day Challenges blog and have done it twice.
- Spend more time reading other blogs. I find it challenging to find time to blog so I find it extra hard to set aside time to visit my bookish friends.
- Read More!!
- Don’t worry if I fail at all of these goals. Life will go on and it will still be full of awesome books.
Do you have any bookish goals for the year?
11 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – Bookish Goals”
Very nice goals, Stacy! I especially like #10. Don’t worry indeed! Have fun, have fun, have fun! That’s what I want everyone to do. Oh, and reread and favorite book. It’s very soothing at times.
I don’t think I’ve reread a book in years but I’m feeling the urge 🙂
Okay, just a couple of comments. #1. I will never re-read a book because that means there is another book I won’t get to. #2. I don’t have any interest in reading the classics. I know that’s pretty narrow-minded of me. #3. I did that last year with Sally Hepworth. I also read at least 1 more book from a couple of other authors because I liked their 1st one so much. Okay, I’m done.
Not wanting to read classics is pretty normal I’d say. I like them in small doses and getting to 15 this year is going to be tough. I used to reread books all the time. I’d rather reread a book that makes me happy than to start a few that bore me to tears. That being said I haven’t reread in a long, long time so when I need a comfort read I’m going to indulge 🙂
4 and 5 are totally me too!! Good luck!
You get way more books than I do so I can see that as a challenge 🙂
#10 is the best 🙂
We are wayyyyyyy too hard on ourselves sometimes!
Looks like some great goals. I’m totally with you on #4.
Great goals! I had a lot of downtime with more sickness in our neck of the woods and finished off quite a few books this week. It was great to just sit and read. Good luck and love #10 as well. Enjoy your reading!
What great goals, Stacy! I like how specific you are with the number of Classics you want to read this year. I should aim for that many too. I’m never going to make it at the rate I’m going. Good luck with all your goals!
I’m terrible about writing reviews too, I need to write them within a day or two of finishing them.
I like really like #10. It’s hard sometimes not to stress out about blog stuff, but I try never to do it.