The Classics Spin #16

Even though I’ve been in the Classics Club for a few years I haven’t participated in a Classics Spin yet, so I’m going to give it a try.  I have until January 1, 2020 to read 50 classics from a list of my own making.  I’ve read 20 so far.  This is my list of the next 20 I’d like to read.  On Friday the Classics Club will pick a number and that will be the book I finish by the  end of the year.  Fun!

1. Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
  15. Of Human Bondage by W Somerset Maugham
  16. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams
  17. The once and Future King by TH White
  18. Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt
  19. Ada by Vladimir Nabokov
  20. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli

Which one of these have you read and loved?

November 15, 2017 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. How does the club define classic? (Not because I have any issues with your list – I’m just curious.)

Comment by snoozing on the sofa | November 15, 2017 | Reply

• It’s completely up to you 🙂 For me, the only requirement is that it’s over 25 years old, lol. I also included other books by authors who have written classics I love. And then I went through the list of what other people have read and added a few that way.

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 15, 2017 | Reply

2. I’ve read Handmaid’s Tale and Anne Frank’s diary. I just did my list too! It’s making me nervous! ha ha! Good luck with your spin read the next month and a half!

Comment by hmsgofita | November 15, 2017 | Reply

• Mother Night! The shortest one – YAY!! Good luck!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 20, 2017 | Reply

3. I need to get back to reading Classics. I loved I Capture the Castle, The Chosen, The Handmaid’s Tale and The Diary of a Young Girl. Happy Reading.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | November 16, 2017 | Reply

• I’m excited about all of those. My issue is always forcing myself to read books at the wrong time.

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 20, 2017 | Reply

4. I think it’s great you’re doing this. But it’s definitely not for me. I’m too selfish on the books I read.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | November 19, 2017 | Reply

• I get it. I have two books I accepted to review and I just can’t force myself to pick them up because I haven’t been in the mood. Pretty much why I hate accepting review books 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 20, 2017 | Reply