Even though I’ve been in the Classics Club for a few years I haven’t participated in a Classics Spin yet, so I’m going to give it a try. I have until January 1, 2020 to read 50 classics from a list of my own making. I’ve read 20 so far. This is my list of the next 20 I’d like to read. On Friday the Classics Club will pick a number and that will be the book I finish by the end of the year. Fun!
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Fear of Flying by Erica Jong
- Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- The Chosen by Chaim Potok
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck
- A Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Washington Square by Henry James
- Women in Love by DH Lawrence
- The Story of an Hour by Kate Chopin
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- The Sea Wolf by Jack London
- Of Human Bondage by W Somerset Maugham
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams
- The once and Future King by TH White
- Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt
- Ada by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
Which one of these have you read and loved?
9 thoughts on “The Classics Spin #16”
How does the club define classic? (Not because I have any issues with your list – I’m just curious.)
It’s completely up to you 🙂 For me, the only requirement is that it’s over 25 years old, lol. I also included other books by authors who have written classics I love. And then I went through the list of what other people have read and added a few that way.
I’ve read Handmaid’s Tale and Anne Frank’s diary. I just did my list too! It’s making me nervous! ha ha! Good luck with your spin read the next month and a half!
Mother Night! The shortest one – YAY!! Good luck!
I need to get back to reading Classics. I loved I Capture the Castle, The Chosen, The Handmaid’s Tale and The Diary of a Young Girl. Happy Reading.
I’m excited about all of those. My issue is always forcing myself to read books at the wrong time.
I think it’s great you’re doing this. But it’s definitely not for me. I’m too selfish on the books I read.
I get it. I have two books I accepted to review and I just can’t force myself to pick them up because I haven’t been in the mood. Pretty much why I hate accepting review books 🙂