When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

When Beauty Tamed the BeastWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast. Finished 3-20-17, rating 4.5/5, historical romance, 372 pages, pub. 2011

Miss Linnet Berry Thrynne is a Beauty . . . Naturally, she’s betrothed to a Beast.

Piers Yelverton, Earl of Marchant, lives in a castle in Wales where, it is rumored, his bad temper flays everyone he crosses. And rumor also has it that a wound has left the earl immune to the charms of any woman.

Linnet is not just any woman.

She is more than merely lovely: her wit and charm brought a prince to his knees. She estimates the earl will fall madly in love—in just two weeks.

Yet Linnet has no idea of the danger posed to her own heart by a man who may never love her in return.

If she decides to be very wicked indeed . . . what price will she pay for taming his wild heart?      from Goodreads

When I heard Eloisa James say that she had read 7 years worth of House MD scripts to get the character of House just right, I knew I would love this one.  The classic tale of Beauty and the Beast is a timely one one right now and even though I haven’t seen the movie yet, I can recommend the book.  Like yesterday’s novel this takes me to Wales, only it’s the a few hundred years ago.  House, I mean Piers, was a solid curmudgeon of brilliance, complete with bum leg.  Linnet was beautiful enough to interest a prince, but not to seal the deal so the two are thrown together as a last resort for one and an olive branch, of sorts, for the other.

It’s witty, sexy and smart.  I love that Piers had his own hospital inside his castle with a loyal and loving family, even if dysfunctional.  Linnet, for all her beauty, had no one even though every man in the same room fell at her feet.   The two recognized something in each other and it was only a matter of time until they had their happily ever after.

March 28, 2017 - Posted by | 4 1/2 Star Books

1. It looks good. I’ve never read any James. Btw, the movie was very well done.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | March 28, 2017 | Reply

• I’m hoping to get to it this week one day when Gage is at school 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 28, 2017 | Reply

2. So glad you enjoyed it. I picked it up when the ebook was on sale a couple of weeks ago. For as prolific as EJ is I’ve only read one of her books. I’ll move this title up the list.

Comment by Mary | March 28, 2017 | Reply

• She’s always a fun read. I think I’ve read 5 or so, including her Paris memoir which I loved.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 28, 2017 | Reply

3. This probably isn’t for me but I did love her memoir, Paris in Love.

Comment by BermudaOnion | March 28, 2017 | Reply

• I liked that too, She talked a bit about it and how it made her daughter a mini celebrity 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 28, 2017 | Reply

4. Eloisa James is an automatic buy for me either in print or audio. I was late to her books and have been gleefully catching up with them all. The movie was wonderful.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | March 28, 2017 | Reply

5. I like the sound of this one. The Beauty and the Beast tie in not-withstanding. I have seen maybe one episode of House, and I’m not even sure it was the entire episode, and so I would probably miss the influence there. This still sounds good though. I am glad you liked it!

Comment by Literary Feline | March 28, 2017 | Reply

6. […] me happy and I’ve read several so far this year.  The Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas, When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James, Waiting on You by Kristan […]

Pingback by The Mid-Year Freakout Book Tag « Stacy's Books | July 11, 2017 | Reply