I have a kindergartner in the house

A new chapter in my motherhood journey began today as I dropped off Gage at school for his first day of Kindergarten.

IMG_8401

Julie Billiart is a Catholic school that specializes in kids with learning differences, including kids on the autism spectrum.  We chose it for many reasons with the biggest one for me being the small class size (12), but the two recesses and sensory accommodations in the classroom were big plusses too.

This is a big, great beginning for Gage,  but with that I feel an ending of something too as the tears come.  I pushed and prodded him to his starting line while moving closer and closer to my own finish line.  Yes, I know my mothering days aren’t over, not by a long shot, but there is a definite shift in the air and it freaks me out a bit. I want time to slow down so I can enjoy and appreciate every moment.

I’m going to sit here, enjoy a cup of coffee and contemplate what to do with these thirty hours a week that just opened up to me.  Should I get a job, go back to school or lose some weight?  I don’t think I have time for all three but it will be nice to spend the next few mornings mulling my choices.

August 17, 2016 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. Very cool, Stacy. Another rite of passage to register and savor.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | August 17, 2016 | Reply

2. Congrats on this big milestone. He looks happy about school. They do grow so fast.

Comment by Diane | August 17, 2016 | Reply

3. How can that sweet little guy be that old already? I know Gage is going to have a wonderful year!

Comment by BermudaOnion | August 17, 2016 | Reply

4. Sooo cute! Brings back memories – thanks for sharing.

Comment by Rosemary Wolfe, NoChargeBookbunch | August 17, 2016 | Reply

5. He looks like he is ready to have a great school experience. Enjoy those free house.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | August 17, 2016 | Reply

6. WOW! How time flies! He looks adorable and ready to roll! You have done a terrific job getting him ready for big time school life. You should be proud. Take a little time for yourself, THEN think about bigger things you might like to accomplish. You deserve it. 🙂

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | August 18, 2016 | Reply

7. Awwww! He’s so handsome! Congrats!

Comment by hmsgofita | August 18, 2016 | Reply

8. I love this photo so much! I wish you all a fantastic year. The school sounds great.

Comment by Mary | August 19, 2016 | Reply

9. I can’t believe Gage is going to kindergarten, but the school sounds perfect. A milestone for sure!!

Comment by lakesidemusing | August 19, 2016 | Reply

10. Aw, congratulations to you and Gage. You’ve done a great job getting him to this point. The school sounds awesome and I hope you enjoy your free mornings.

Comment by clicksclan | August 19, 2016 | Reply

11. How wonderful! I’m still in denial that I’ll be in these shoes next August with Garrett 😦 I don’t think I’d rush into anything just yet – I’d soak up those hours alone before I did anything with my time – you’ve earned it, mama!!

Comment by Tara | August 20, 2016 | Reply

12. I hope Gage is settling into his new school well. Are you happy with it so far, Stacy? I’m sure I’ll be in tears next Monday when Mouse starts kindergarten. I have a feeling she’s going to have a blast. 🙂

Comment by Literary Feline | August 22, 2016 | Reply