Calling all movie lovers!

You all know that I love movies.  I do a regular post about the movies I watch every month and sometimes review a favorite film, but I’m interested in doing a bit more.  I’ve noticed that over the last few years quite a few book bloggers have posted about movies and am hoping that you may want to do something more organized with me.

I have two ideas and I’d like to know what you think and if you would be interested in participating on a regular basis.  Let me know if you’d be interested in one or both.  Or none, that’s okay too 🙂

Option 1 – Instead of a read-a-long we have a monthly Watch-a-thon.  I’d give everyone a few choices, we’d vote, all watch the movie and post about it during the month.  I have some ideas about how to make it more interactive between the participants.  I’d offer new and older movies to choose from and would like to make it somewhat bookish, but that’s not a requirement.

Option 2 – I’d offer something like the now defunct Monday Movie Meme.  I’d offer up a topic or theme and you’d write a post about it and link up.  You can browse through old ones I participated in here.  We could do this weekly or every other week.

So, is anyone interested or have any other suggestions?  Feel free to share this post with anyone who might be interested. The more the merrier!

April 4, 2016 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. I think I like Option 1 the best, but I do like both ideas. Will you be including horror movies in Option 1? lol

Comment by truebookaddict | April 4, 2016 | Reply

2. I struggle with watching movies at home so I think Option 1 would be tough for me.

Comment by BermudaOnion | April 4, 2016 | Reply

3. I love this idea! I might be able to do something with option #2. Joni and I see 65-70 movies a year. But we only see them in the movie theater. We never watch them at home. That also means I would only be able to write/blog about movies that she is willing to see. Having said that, If we can work in current and old movies, then maybe I can participate.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | April 4, 2016 | Reply

4. I’d love to participate in either or both options. I’ve been needing some inspiration and this may be it!!!!

Comment by hmsgofita | April 4, 2016 | Reply

5. Count me in!! I need something to get me back to blogging and this is a great way to dip my toe into the water again!!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | April 4, 2016 | Reply

6. I LOVE everything about option #1, but if you decide to go with #2 I suppose I could go with it. 🙂

Comment by Vicki | April 4, 2016 | Reply

7. Ok guys! I’ll be in touch. We’ll see If we have any other interested bloggers 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 5, 2016 | Reply

8. Sounds like a great way to get some titles. I never know what to watch.

Comment by Rosemary Wolfe, NoChargeBookbunch | April 6, 2016 | Reply

9. What great ideas! I’d be game for both options.

Comment by Literary Feline | April 7, 2016 | Reply