This is always my first quiz of the year. Let’s see if you can figure out what authors passed on last year. Sorry I’m late!
Leave your guesses in a comment. Good luck!
No Googling or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system 🙂 Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome 🙂 It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.
- She has a famous sister and is famous in her own right, all of her 32 novels made it on the NYT Bestseller list. She died of breast cancer in September at the age of 77.
- This American writer of historical fiction won numerous awards for his writing. I remember reading Ragtime, one of his 12 novels, in college. He died last July at the age of 84.
- This queen of true crime worked alongside Ted Bundy without knowing he was a serial killer and wrote a book about him. She died in July at 83.
- Richard Chamberlain and Barbara Stanwyck starred in the 1983 mini-series based on this Aussie’s best known novel. She died last January at the age of 77.
- Call him Sir. This English fantasy author is best known for his series that consisted of 41 books, the last one being published last year 5 months after his death at the age of 66.
- A Baroness who sat in the House of Lords isn’t who you might expect to write psychological murder mysteries. She died last May at the age of 85 after suffering a stroke.
- Considered by some an American West author, this novelist did set many of his 17 books in and around his native Montana. During his 8 years suffering with multiple myeloma, he wrote his final 4 books. He passed away in April at the age of 75.
- This lawyer successfully prosecuted Charles Manson and later turned to writing, most notably Helter Skelter. He died of cancer last summer at the age of 80.
- The 1990 movie Awakenings was based on the book he wrote about his work. He died last August at the age of 82.
- A two-time Pulitzer nominee and 5 time National Book Award nominee which he won in 1975 for Dog Soldiers. He died last January at the age of 77.