October is the bestest month of the year

Oh, how I love October in Ohio.  The leaves change color, the air turns crisp, and sweaters and jeans are brought to the front of the closet.  But there are a few other very important reasons that October is the jam.  On the 11th, since the day I was born people celebrated ME!!  Woo Hoo! I have my own day.  And then 27 years later on the 17th I married the greatest guy and people came out to celebrate then too.  And, of course, the love of my life was born on the 19th to much fanfare by the family who loves him.  It is a month of celebration around here! I already have 15 kids rsvp’d for Gage’s party and the only reason I’m not freaking out is that we’re having it somewhere else 😉

These are the things that were happening the week I was born.  Wanna take a guess on how old I’ll be this month?

The French Connection with Gene Hackman was the #1 movie in theaters.

The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was atop the New York Bestseller list.

The #1 album was Every Picture Tells a Story by Rod Stewart and the #1 song was Maggie May from the album.

Ike and Tina Turner were on the cover of Rolling Stone.

What year do you think I was born?  There’s a small prize in it for the first person who guesses correctly 🙂

October 2, 2015 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. I cheated and googled, so I won’t “guess”. Your October sounds like my May, both kids birthdays and our anniversary.

Comment by Tara | October 3, 2015 | Reply

2. This is a wild guess but I’m going to say 1978. Happy October!

Comment by BermudaOnion | October 3, 2015 | Reply

• 🙂 That is so sweet, Kathy! That would make me younger than Jason!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 3, 2015 | Reply

3. I’m having to calculate back and think about what you’ve said about when Gage was born. Hmmm…..let’s see (wheels turning….), I’m guessing 1971? That should be close as I recall most of the clues you gave. Yes, Happy October! Our September is more like your October. 🙂

Comment by Kay | October 3, 2015 | Reply

• You win! 1971 it is 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 4, 2015 | Reply

• Yay! I was pretty sure that I was close. I remembered that you told us you were 39 when you had Gage and he’s turning 5, right? So just calculated back – and then still wasn’t sure. LOL

It was fun, Stacy, and a very happy birthday/anniversary/kid’s birthday to you!!

Comment by Kay | October 4, 2015

4. ’74?

Comment by Word Lily | October 3, 2015 | Reply

5. Our October is December. It’s not when my birthday is, but the 16th is Mr Click’s birthday, the 24th is our anniversary and then there’s obviously Christmas. It’s my favourite time of year.

I love it when autumn comes along. We went out for an autumn walk yesterday and it was lovely to see all the leaves changing colour. The air smelt wonderful and crisp. Unfortunately, living in Scotland, I’ve had jeans and jumpers on all through the summer already!

Happy birthday when it comes.

Comment by clicksclan | October 4, 2015 | Reply

• December is so busy anyway so I’m sure it feels like a whirlwind for you!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 4, 2015 | Reply

6. That means you’re older than me. Not by much though. 😉 I can see why you like October so much. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and anniversary! And a big happy birthday for Gage!

Comment by Literary Feline | October 6, 2015 | Reply

7. I have clothes older than you!

Comment by Lloyd Russell | October 9, 2015 | Reply