Monday Mailbox – May 11

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day, I sure did.  Brunch with my mom and then the theater with Gage, Jason and my parents made a nice day.

For those of you who participate in my weekly quizzes, you’ll see an answer to the current quiz here so feel free to go back an add an answer 🙂

mm511

The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax (this was a Goodreads win)

Once upon a time four aspiring authors met at their very first writers’ conference. Ten years later they’re still friends, survivors of the ultra-competitive New York publishing world. Mallory St. James is a workaholic whose bestsellers support a lavish lifestyle. Tanya Mason is a single mother juggling two jobs, two kids, and too many deadlines. Faye Truett is the wife of a famous televangelist and the author of inspirational romances: no one would ever guess her explosive secret. Kendall Aims’s once-promising career is on the skids-and so is her marriage. Her sales are dismal, her new editor detests her work-and her husband is cheating. Barely able to think, let alone meet her final deadline, Kendall holes up in a mountain cabin to confront a blank page and a blanker future. But her friends won’t let her face this trial alone. Together they collaborate on a novel using their own lives as fodder, assuming no one will ever discover the truth behind their words.

Losing Faith by Adam Mitzner (this was a win from Under My Apple Tree)

Aaron Littmann, the chairman of one of the country’s most prestigious law firms, has just been contacted by a high-profile defense attorney, whose client is Nikolai Garkov, a Russian businessman arraigned on terrorism charges for pulling the financial strings behind recent treasonous acts. The attorney informs Aaron that Garkov is looking to switch representation and will pay one hundred thousand dollars just to take the meeting. But Aaron doesn’t have any choice, as Garkov is ready to go public with the damning evidence that Aaron and the judge in the high-profile case—Faith Nichols—had a torrid affair during another recent case.

The Stranger by Harlan Coben (I purchased this)

The Stranger appears out of nowhere, perhaps in a bar, or a parking lot, or at the grocery store. His identity is unknown. His motives are unclear. His information is undeniable. Then he whispers a few words in your ear and disappears, leaving you picking up the pieces of your shattered world.

Adam Price has a lot to lose: a comfortable marriage to a beautiful woman, two wonderful sons, and all the trappings of the American Dream: a big house, a good job, a seemingly perfect life.

Then he runs into the Stranger. When he learns a devastating secret about his wife, Corinne, he confronts her, and the mirage of perfection disappears as if it never existed at all. Soon Adam finds himself tangled in something far darker than even Corinne’s deception, and realizes that if he doesn’t make exactly the right moves, the conspiracy he’s stumbled into will not only ruin lives—it will end them.

Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth (sent to me by the publisher)

The amazing power and truth of the Rapunzel fairy tale comes alive for the first time in this breathtaking tale of desire, black magic and the redemptive power of love.

So, did anything fun arrive in your mailbox  this week?

May 11, 2015 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. All of Coben’s books are good. But this is one of his better ones. Solid 3.5/4.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | May 11, 2015 | Reply

2. Looking forward to The Stranger.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | May 11, 2015 | Reply

• Me too. I always seem to devour Coben once I start.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 11, 2015 | Reply

3. The Accidental Bestseller was the first book I read by Wendy Wax, and from then on, I was a fan. Enjoy! I have also been eyeing Bitter Greens. Enjoy your books, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

Comment by laurelrainsnow | May 11, 2015 | Reply

• Looking forward to it since I will br my first read of hers also.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 11, 2015 | Reply

4. They all look good. I hope you enjoy each one.

Comment by Vicki | May 11, 2015 | Reply

5. Stacy, great books! I read The Stranger and loved it, as I do all Harlan Coben books. I have Bitter Greens on my kindle for months, unread. And a new Wendy Wax, how did I miss this! The other book I never heard of, but looks interesting. Thanks for your quizzes. I enjoy doing them and since I don’t know when I will log on and find myself in one, I can’t prepare so I have to rely on my (faulty) memory 🙂

Comment by Rita @ View From My Home | May 11, 2015 | Reply

• I’ve read all of Coben’s so I’m glad to finally have my hands on his latest. This is not a new Wendy Wax, Goodreads just happened to have a giveaway that entered. It was first published in 2009.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 11, 2015 | Reply

6. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother’s Day, Stacy. 🙂 I did too. Mouse and my husband made it very special for me. I couldn’t be with my mother for the day, but I did get a chance to talk to her on the phone briefly.

Yours look like they will be good. I hope you enjoy them!

Oh, and thank you for House of Spirits! It arrived in the mail last week. It was a nice surprise. Poor Mouse was upset because the package wasn’t addressed to her. LOL I told her I’d be happy to read the book to her if she’d like.

Comment by Literary Feline | May 11, 2015 | Reply

• Next time Gage and I will get something addressed to Mouse 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 11, 2015 | Reply

7. The Accidental Bestseller has been on my TBR list for a long time. Congrats on the GR win! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day.

Comment by Mary | May 11, 2015 | Reply

• It was a very enjoyable Mother’s Day – maybe my favorite yet.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 11, 2015 | Reply

8. Again, I would love to read “Bitter Greens.”

Comment by Topazshell | May 11, 2015 | Reply

9. The Accidental Bestseller looks really fun. Thanks for putting it on my radar. Have a great week!

Comment by Lucy | May 11, 2015 | Reply

10. Glad you had a wonderful Mother’s Day … me too 🙂 I’ve been a bit disappointed with the last few Harlan Coben’s and I’m such a fan, hope you’re going to tell me Stranger is awesome! Hope you love Bitter Greens as much as I did.
    Have a great week and happy reading!

Comment by Teddyree | May 11, 2015 | Reply

11. […] The Stranger by Harlan Coben at Stacy’s Books. […]

Pingback by Books That Caught Our Eye | Mailbox Monday | May 13, 2015 | Reply

12. Bitter Green is supposed to be good. Always like a Harlan Coben book.

ENJOY all your books and your reading week.

Elizabeth