Don’t turn away Quiz – guessing closed

While I was at the library browsing (yes, I had a whole 30 minutes of library time yesterday!) I saw a few covers with women turned away, showing us the back of their heads.  And I received a book in the mail this week with the same thing.  See if you recognize any of these standoffish women!  Feel free to come back and add another comment if you figure out more by next Tuesday.

No Googling or looking at other commenter answers.  Yes, we’re going by the honor system 🙂  Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome 🙂  It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.

Leave your guesses as a comment. Good luck!!

hair 11-7 have some very interesting hair. I love the first one, which one is your fave?

The Silver Witch by Brackston, Finding Casey by Mapson, Dreaming Spies by King, The Lemon Orchard by Rice, Bitter Greens by Forsyth, Rescue by Shreve, The Storyteller by Picoult

hair 28-11 are a little further away but might be recognizable?

Night Diver by Lowell, The Housemaid’s Daughter by Mutch, Maine by Sullivan, Silver Girl by Hilderbrand

Answers to the Shakespeare Quiz here and the Clock Quiz here. Leaderboard here.

May 6, 2015 - Posted by | Quizzes |

1. I only know two of them for sure, one of which I own. I love #1’s hair the best too! I’ve always liked the color and the style is beautiful.

Comment by Vicki | May 6, 2015 | Reply

2. I might know a few. And honestly, I’m kind of all over the woman turned away theme. Read for something new. LOL

1. The Silver Witch?
    3. Is that a Mary Russell book or a Bess book? Can’t remember. Author is either Laurie King or Charles Todd or maybe it’s a Maisie book. Sigh. It’s a historical.
    4. That’s Luanne Rice’s book that has Lemon in the title.
    7. Jodi Picoult’s The Storyteller
    10. J. Courtney Sullivan’s Maine
    11. Silver Girl

Yes, the hair on the first one is lovely. My hair would never have done any of those things – even when I was younger, had longer hair, etc. My hair was perfect for the ’70’s. Long, straight, parted in the middle. LOL

Comment by Kay | May 6, 2015 | Reply

• 5. Bitter Greens

Wow. Thanks for the answer, Stacy! LOL

Comment by Kay | May 11, 2015 | Reply

• 70 points, Kay! Some of your guesses made me smile, so thanks 🙂 My hair is curly but I’m sure I don’t have enough of it to look like #1.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 12, 2015

3. 1. Silver Witch by Paula Braxton (want to read it)
    2. Finding Casey by Jo-Ann Mapson (read it)
    3.oh no, one about Sherlock Holmes’ friend?… by Dora Russell?
    4. The Lemon Orchard by Luanne Rice (read it)
    5. fairytale re-telling on my Goodreads wish list…senior moment today!
    6. by Anita Shreve (?)
    7. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult (read it)
    8. Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell (on my kindle, unread)
    9. ? no clue
    10. Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan
    11. Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand (read it)

Thanks as always, Stacy! Fun quiz, and I was ambushed again so I had to push my memory a bit harder 🙂

Comment by Rita @ View From My Home | May 6, 2015 | Reply

4. Some of those look familiar but I can’t think of a single title. I’m pretty sure #11 is an Elin Hilderbrand book and #7 might be by Jodi Picoult.

Comment by BermudaOnion | May 6, 2015 | Reply

5. I like number one’s hair too. I know that a new title. I’ve seen it around. Let me think…

1. The Silver Witch
    4. The Lemon Orchard
    5. Bitter Greens
    6. Rescue
    7. The Storyteller
    10. Maine
    11. Silver Girl

That’s all I could get. 🙂 Thanks for the great brain exercise, as usual!

Comment by thetruebookaddict | May 7, 2015 | Reply

6. I’ve got a few of these on my bookshelf 🙂

1. The Silver Witch
    3. I know this one but the name just won’t come lol
    4. The Lemon Orchard
    5. Bitter Greens
    7. The Storyteller
    8. Night Diver
    9. Maine
    10. Silver Girl

Comment by Teddyree | May 7, 2015 | Reply

7. I love the hat in #3, and maybe the hair in #5; #1 is pretty great, too.

1. The Silver Witch