Mailbox Monday – February 9

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Gage received a thoughtful gift from Kay. A train postcard, two train books and an engineer cap.  Thanks so much Kay – you’re the best! (the hat does fit, but I only had time to throw it on his head before he was on the move again)

IMG_2244

Last week I went to Barnes & Noble for some retail therapy.  I bought lots of gifts and one for myself.  Since I loved Garden Spells I am excited about this one.

IMG_2290First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen

It’s October in Bascom, North Carolina, and autumn will not go quietly. As temperatures drop and leaves begin to turn, the Waverley women are made restless by the whims of their mischievous apple tree… and all the magic that swirls around it. But this year, first frost has much more in store.

What was in your mailbox this week?

February 9, 2015 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday |

1. That looks like a lovely gift for Gage. I hope you enjoy your new book. I’ve read many positive comments about it.

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | February 9, 2015 | Reply

2. Aw, nice gifts from Kay! Love the pic. Enjoy your new book 🙂

Comment by Mary | February 9, 2015 | Reply

3. I bet Gage loves getting book mail as much as his mama does. I could go for some retail therapy right about now.

Comment by BermudaOnion | February 9, 2015 | Reply

4. What a thoughtful gift!

Comment by lakesidemusing | February 9, 2015 | Reply

5. Yay! I’m so happy that the hat doesn’t fall below Gage’s eyes! I was afraid it might. Hope he enjoys the books. I had fun finding them and got to visit our local train enthusiasts’ location.

Retail therapy is always a plus. Just looking at books makes me calmer. Enjoy you new book!

Comment by Kay | February 9, 2015 | Reply

6. So nice of Kay to gift Gage in that special way! I just love retail therapy, especially at a book store, which I did twice this past month courtesy of my adult son. We had such fun. Glad you picked up a fave book; I’ve read one by her but not the first in that series, and the cover…love it!

Comment by View From My Home | February 9, 2015 | Reply

7. What a lovely gift. My daughter loves trains too!

Comment by sagustocox | February 9, 2015 | Reply

8. That was so nice of Kay! I love the hat. 🙂 I hope you enjoy your new book, Stacy! I am doing a Bookish Secret Valentine this year and sent my package out to my Secret Valentine last week. I can’t wait to see what I get!

Comment by Literary Feline | February 9, 2015 | Reply

9. I see so much about this book. ENJOY!!

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

Comment by Silver's Reviews | February 9, 2015 | Reply

10. I bet Gage loves his gift. And I hope you enjoy your book.

Comment by Carol | February 9, 2015 | Reply

11. How exciting for Gage! I loved garden Spells too and look forward to this one!

Comment by Heather | February 9, 2015 | Reply

12. Gage looks ready to have some fun with those books. 🙂

I still have to read Garden Spells. It’s one of those books that’s been on my shelf so long I almost forgot and bought it a second time!

Comment by Leslie | February 10, 2015 | Reply

13. I have First Frost in my kindle and I can’t wait to get to it. And bookstore retail therapy is the best!
    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

Comment by Holly (2 Kids and Tired) | February 10, 2015 | Reply

14. I know so many people seem to love Sarah Addison Allen’s books. She’s an author I’ve had my eye on for a while now, but haven’t had a chance to get to yet. Eventually… Happy reading!

Comment by Shoshanah | February 10, 2015 | Reply