Twice, I’ve been able to do the whole 24 hours, but this time around I dragged myself to bed at 4am. I made it 20 hours 🙂 I’m ok with that. I think I made a mistake in my book selection this year and that’s why I couldn’t power through. That or the stressful week caught up with me. I woke up at 10 find that I’d won a prize in the last hour, woo hoo!
A Readathon tradition!
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I started having a hard time around 1:30 and couldn’t get past it. Threw in the towel at 4.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I made the mistake of pulling short books from my shelves, ones that I had no real desire to read at the time. Choose a thriller, a humor book, and one graphic novel to start your pile and go from there.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? As it is every year, it was perfect from the organizing end. Lots of fun challenges and prizes.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I think everything worked, except I wish the cheerleaders didn’t have to wade through so many different formats for participants. Maybe divide up tumblr, booktube, goodreads, twitter, facebook, foreign languages, blogs into separate lists? Hm, now that I type that I see the problem 😉
- How many books did you read? I finished 5, started 1 and continued some listening of The Passage.
- What were the names of the books you read? Seduction by Brenda Joyce, A Gracious Plenty by Sheri Reynolds, I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron, Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt, The Diving Bell & the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby are the ones I finished.
- Which book did you enjoy most? A Gracious Plenty by Sheri Reynolds was the bright spot of the day. LOVED IT
- Which did you enjoy least? I feel bad saying this and maybe it was because I was struggling to stay awake, but I didn’t care for The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? This was my first year committing so much time to cheering and I had fun. Try to have something generic (a cheer you wrote, a quote…ready to go so you can add that on to anything personal you might say. It will help you cheer a little faster.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Absolutely! I love the read-a-thon. There were so many new faces this time so a new group has fallen in love too!
Thank you so much ladies for all the hard work you put in to make it fantastic for everyone. You rocked it 🙂