An evening with Taylor Stevens, author of the Michael Munroe series

Over the last 13 years I have grown fond of living in the Cleveland area.  We have a great lake, we have an outstanding park system, our suburban schools are excellent, the cost of living can’t be beat, we have the best medical hospitals at our beck and call…I could go on and on.  But one thing we don’t have an abundance of is bestselling authors popping in on tour.  I was lucky to see Beth Hoffman a few weeks ago and tonight I had to make a choice between bestselling authors.  Can you believe it?  Janet Evanovich and Taylor Stevens were speaking half an hour apart and as much as I tried to make the math problem work I knew I’d have to choose.  Taylor made it easy for me by inviting those on her email list to join her at TGIFridays from 5-6:30 before going to the library to speak from 7-8:30.

This was my second time meeting Taylor, the first time at Bouchercon last October, but this time I got to hear her speak so I was able to learn more about her growing up all over the world in a cult.  If you want to learn more that life you can read the second book in the series (The Innocent), a book Taylor calls a thrillerized version of her life. “If it’s in that book, it happened, yes.”  I admit that I still have to read this one, but it has moved to the top of my list. Here are a few pics from the evening.

taylor1 taylor2 taylor3

If you get a chance to see Taylor speak you should take advantage of it.  She is so open and really enjoys talking to people and sharing her experience with you.  If you don’t have to opportunity to see her in person you should sign up for her email list.  She shares publishing secrets and gives a lot of insight into how the industry operates.  Sign up for her email list here.  I had a fantastic evening and am so happy that I chose Taylor over Janet 🙂  I’ve got a signed copy of her latest, The Doll, ready to give away soon!

June 19, 2013 - Posted by | Book signings |

1. What a fun evening! I’m fascinated that she grew up in a cult and really need to read The Innocent.

Comment by BermudaOnion | June 19, 2013 | Reply

2. There’s just nothing like author events. I read The Informationist and wasn’t crazy about it. I liked it well enough but not enough to read any more. If I saw her “live,” I might give it another chance.
    I saw Vince Flynn once and am a huge fan of his. I found out that Vince passed away today from prostate cancer at the age of 47. It’s a big loss for the literary world.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | June 19, 2013 | Reply

3. Wow, sounds like a great event!

Comment by Mary | June 20, 2013 | Reply

4. I have only read her first book because I always get the titles mixed up and forget which one to get next! LOL Maybe I need to check int he card catalog….

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | June 20, 2013 | Reply

5. I can’t imagine having so many authors visit that you need to choose!! Sounds like a fun event.

Comment by lakesidemusing | June 20, 2013 | Reply

6. So jealous! I love Taylor and her books. 🙂

Comment by Julie | June 20, 2013 | Reply

7. I absolutely loved her first two books, and really look forward to The Doll. What I love about her is that she is self-made. Hell, she wasn’t even fully educated when she escaped that cult and she managed to do so much for herself. I’m so envious that you got to see her. If you think you are starved for authors, you should live in Orlando. They never come down here!

Comment by sandynawrot | June 20, 2013 | Reply

8. I am a llittle bit jealous! I would love to meet her too. This is a great series.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | June 20, 2013 | Reply

9. How fun Stacy – I love the photo as well.

Have a fun weekend.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | June 21, 2013 | Reply

10. Wow! How crazy is that having to choose between two authors in one night? It sounds like you had a great time and this is an author to check out!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | June 22, 2013 | Reply

11. […] Munroe is a great series heroine – there need to be more thrillers out there with kick-butt women leading the way.  I do think that this should be read only after reading the first one (The Informationist).  I bought this with my own money when I heard Taylor speak last year. […]

Pingback by The Innocent by Taylor Stevens « Stacy's Books | March 12, 2014 | Reply