Heart Week Quiz – guessing closed

I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you.  If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round (sometime in June).  For all of the details, click here.  Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else :)   You have til Sunday to guess.

Do you recognize these covers?  6 points for title, 2 points for author. (Sorry about the quality of the pictures!)

003

9. Stay-Allie Larkin

10. Swin Back to Me-Ann Packer

11. The Naked King-Sally MacKenzie

12. By Bread Alone-Sarah-Kate Lynch

13. Landing-Emma Donoghue

14. Heartburn-Nora Ephron

Answers to last week’s Writers Lost in 2012 quiz here.

February 12, 2013 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. I am going to be terrible at this one! I think I may only know one. 😦

6. How You Love Her (???)
    8. Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
    10.
    11.
    12.
    13.
    14.

Comment by thetruebookaddict | February 12, 2013 | Reply

2. I suck at these! All I can say to myself is “I know I’ve seen that one”! LOL

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | February 12, 2013 | Reply

3. These are always tough. It seems I either think of them immediately or it’s a no go forevermore. LOL

2. It’s by Jane Green and I have no idea of the title.
    7. I think this is HEARTBURN and it’s by Nora Ephron maybe – an Ephron, in any case.
    8. Definitely HEARTSICK by Chelsea Cain – yea, I knew one!

And that’s it. 🙂

Comment by Kay | February 12, 2013 | Reply

4. Another chance to show how unobservant I am. I feel like I should know 1 and 3 but I don’t. I think 6 is This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz and 9 is Stay by Allie Larkin.

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | February 12, 2013 | Reply

5. Your creativity tickles me! I hope to be able to get back before Saturday and play. We are trying to spend as much time as possible with my father-in-law, while he is in his last days. Hospice has been called in and family members have been called home.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | February 12, 2013 | Reply

6. The only one I can say I know is 2, because my book club just received these. Another Piece of my Heart by Jane Green. I should know 7 but I can’t think of it!

Comment by Jo-Jo | February 12, 2013 | Reply

7. I don’t know any of these! Bummer 😦

Comment by hmsgofita | February 12, 2013 | Reply

8. All I’ve got for now:

6. This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz
    7. The Man Who Ate the 747 by Ben Sherwood

12. By Bread Alone by Sarah-Kate Lynch

Comment by Word Lily | February 12, 2013 | Reply

• 2. Another Piece of My Heart by Jane Green

4. The Lovers by John Connolly

8. Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

13. Landing by Emma Donoghue
      14. Heartburn by Nora Ephron

Comment by Word Lily | February 13, 2013 | Reply

• You crushed the competition! 64 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 17, 2013

• It was a really tough one!

Comment by Word Lily | February 18, 2013

9. I suppose I should be able to do better but I only know one of them. #6 This is how you lose her by Junot Diaz, and that’s only because I read it.

Comment by Leslie | February 14, 2013 | Reply

10. […] to last week’s Heart Week Quiz here.  Rules and Leaderboard […]

Pingback by Epitaph Quiz « Stacy's Books | February 19, 2013 | Reply

11. I read a couple of these, knew several of the covers and authors but still would have only gotten Heartsick right! I really have to pick up the pace here!

Comment by Wrighty | February 19, 2013 | Reply