My 2013 reading list

001I knew that January would be a laid back blogging month so I didn’t stress out about goals for the blog when the year started.  As I read my way through my Google Reader I pulled books from my shelves that I saw on 2012 favorites lists and decided to make every attempt to read those this year.  A 2013 reading list with 9 books.  I think even I can manage that 🙂  I really hope to read more from my shelves this year, while at the same time buying fewer books.

I’m not sure what it says about the upcoming year that I am only now, on January 24th, coming up with a goal.

January 24, 2013 - Posted by | Uncategorized |

1. Yes to The Girl Who Chased the Moon and The Violinist’s Thumb!!!! Those have been on my list from last year as well. Good luck. I’m just trying to finish some of the books I started last year 🙂

Comment by hmsgofita | January 24, 2013 | Reply

2. Great stack of books!!! I have been doing the same thing and hope to read more from my own shelves too!! Say good bye to feeling bad about reading goals!!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | January 24, 2013 | Reply

• I cannot feel gulty or overwhelmed by one more thing in my life so my blog is guilt free!

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 12, 2013 | Reply

3. I can recommend Still Life; that’s the only one I’ve read! I say don’t stress about just now posting, though: I still haven’t. :p

Comment by Word Lily | January 24, 2013 | Reply

• I’m afraid to read another series, I don’t have time for the ones I already love!

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 12, 2013 | Reply

• I know, I know! And yet I keep starting new ones.

Comment by Word Lily | February 12, 2013

4. ‘Samuel Lake’ was one of my favorites last year.

Comment by Mary | January 24, 2013 | Reply

5. I hope you love Samuel Lake and Backseat Saints as much as I did! I enjoyed The Girl Who Chased the Moon, but it did not make my favorite of the year list.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | January 24, 2013 | Reply

• I’m looking forward to all of these books 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 12, 2013 | Reply

6. I can enthusiastically recommend Backseat Saints and You Know When the Men Are Gone, both of them I listened to on audio. And, well, at least you HAVE goals. I have none. That is just the way my life is these days! Ha!

Comment by Sandy | January 24, 2013 | Reply

• I kept my goals simple this year, right? 9 whole books, LOL!

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 12, 2013 | Reply

7. Ah, Still Life, the first in one of my favorite series. And I really like the Uncommon Reader. It doesn’t hurt that it’s short. 🙂

Comment by Carol | January 24, 2013 | Reply

• I’m looking forward to The Uncommon Reader because it is so short 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 12, 2013 | Reply

8. Oh good – The Homecoming of Samuel Lake is in your stack! Enjoy!!!

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | January 24, 2013 | Reply

• That’s what everyone seems to think.

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 12, 2013 | Reply

9. Samuel Lake, Backseat Saints and Eden Close were books I really liked; enjoyed Stacy.

Stacy could u email me so I have the ability to respond to your comments? Your settings don’t allow it:(

bibliophilebythesea AT gmail dot com

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | January 24, 2013 | Reply

10. I haven’t read any of those but have read good reviews on most. I see Greg Iles at the bottom, have only read one of his but really enjoyed it. 24 hours.

Comment by Tea Time with Marce | January 24, 2013 | Reply

11. I think that is a great way to compile a reading list … and you can use your own shelves to do it!

Comment by Jenners | January 24, 2013 | Reply

12. Eden Close is my favorite Anita Shreve book. I read it when it was first published and was thrilled to discover a new author I enjoyed so much. But her last few have been only so-so. Violinist’s Thumb was a favorite of mine last year too.

I created a list for 2013 too but no telling if I will actually get to it. They are books that I definitely want to read but they’ve been waiting so long now I should probably dust them off before I open them!

Comment by Leslie | January 30, 2013 | Reply

13. I think I have that Umrigar book around here somewhere…. BEST to you! I’ve begun 2013 with a big bang – almost 9 books read for January already.

Comment by Care | January 30, 2013 | Reply

14. I hope you love The Homecoming of Samuel Lake as much as I did 🙂

Comment by Teddyree | February 2, 2013 | Reply

15. […] from 2002 list (reposted with 2012 favorites) and that I had it on my shelves I added it to my small 2013 reading pile.  This is Shreve’s first […]

Pingback by Eden Close by Anita Shreve « Stacy's Books | February 28, 2013 | Reply

16. […] one made my small list of books to read this year thanks to Staci (Life in the Thumb) since it made her favorite reads list for last year.  […]

Pingback by Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson « Stacy's Books | June 13, 2013 | Reply

17. […] 2013 reading list based on other blogger’s best-of lists and whether I had the book or not (here). Still Life was on Staci’s 2012 list and I can see why.  I am really anxious to get my […]

Pingback by Still Life by Louise Penny « Stacy's Books | September 5, 2013 | Reply

18. […] a few years ago because they put too much pressure on my reading.  Last year I gave myself a personal challenge of reading 9 books, but failed.  I only had to read these awesome books.. I managed to read 6 of them which is still […]

Pingback by 2013 Challenge fail but high hopes for 2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge « Stacy's Books | December 28, 2013 | Reply