Here’s how to play… Leave a comment with the # and the answer and I’ll cross it off the list. No Googling, that’s cheating and no fun! If you know them all, please don’t guess every one, maybe five max? GUESSES ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED 🙂
1. What Herman Hesse book gave its name to a rock group? STEPPENWOLF, rock on Donstuff
2. What book was Mark David Chapman carrying with him when he killed John Lennon on 12/8/1980? THE CATCHER IN THE RYE, the wild and crazy guy, Donstuff
3. Who is the woman on the cover of Amy Tan’s The Bonesetter’s Daughter? TAN”S GRANDMOTHER
4. The book Peter Pan was responsible for the creation of what name(s)?
WENDY- first time Wendy was used as a girl’s name
TINKER BELL, pretty fairy dust for Bermudaonion.
5. What renowned Irish writer wore an eye patch? JAMES JOYCE
6. What writer was expelled from West Point for showing up for a public parade wearing only a belt & gloves? EDGAR ALLAN POE
7. What Irish-born playwright was sentenced to two years at hard labor for homosexuality? OSCAR WILDE, two cheers to Elena Margo Gould
8. What game, played by Alice while in Wonderland, was banned in Boston in the 19th century as being too “immoral”? CROQUET, kudos to the morally correct Elena Margo Gould
10. What Watergate figure was the author of numerous spy novels? E HOWARD HUNT