Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts

Title: Whiskey Beach, Author: Nora RobertsWhiskey Beach. Finished 5-14-17, rating 3/5, romance?, pub. 2013

Unabridged audio performed by Peter Berkrot. 15 hours 33 minutes.

A Boston lawyer, Eli has weathered an intense year of public scrutiny and police investigation after being accused of murdering his soon-to-be ex-wife. And though there was never enough evidence to have him arrested, his reputation is in tatters as well as his soul. He needs sanctuary. He needs Bluff House.

While Eli’s beloved grandmother is in Boston, recuperating from a nasty fall, Abra Walsh has cared for Bluff House, among her other jobs as yoga instructor, jewelry maker, and massage therapist. She is a woman with an open heart and a wide embrace, and no one is safe from her special, some would say overbearing, brand of nurturing—including Eli.

He begins to count on Abra for far more than her cooking, cleaning, and massage skills, and starts to feel less like a victim—and more like the kind of man who can finally solve the murder of his wife and clear his name. But Bluff House’s many mysteries are a siren song to someone intent on destroying Eli and reaping the rewards. He and Abra will become entangled in a centuries-old net of rumors and half-truths that could pull them under the thunderous waters of Whiskey Beach….  from Goodreads

Nora Roberts is an easy listen.  You don’t need to be 100% glued to the audio to follow the story.  That’s a good thing in this case, because I thought this one was just meh.  I thought Eli’s backstory and what he went through as a suspect in his wife’s murder was interesting, but the rest of it, not as much.

Roberts is hit or miss with me and this one is a miss, but I will still give her a listen when I’m cleaning or driving 🙂

Do you have a favorite Nora Roberts novel?  I really liked The Witness.

May 18, 2017 - Posted by | 3 Star Books

1. Have never read Nora Roberts. Fortunately, I have enough local romance authors to choose from.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | May 18, 2017 | Reply

• She’s the queen because she writes so many, but that doesn’t mean they’re all the best 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 19, 2017 | Reply

2. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything by Nora Roberts, it’s a shame some of her stuff is a bit hit or miss.

Cait @ Click’s Clan

Comment by clicksclan | May 18, 2017 | Reply

• I don’t think she’s a must read so you’re safe 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 19, 2017 | Reply

3. I’ve only read a handful of her books and found them to be hit or miss. That said, I really enjoyed The Obsession last year.

Comment by Mary | May 18, 2017 | Reply

• Thanks for the recommendation. Just added it to my list 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 19, 2017 | Reply

4. I don’t like her standalone books as well as some of her trilogies or quartets. Though if you don’t like the paranormal, those might not suit either. I like the ‘Key’ Trilogy and the ‘Three Sisters Island’ Trilogy best. And I love her series under her JD Robb name – Eve Dallas and Rourke. A mystery and yummy Rourke all in one. LOL

Comment by Kay | May 18, 2017 | Reply

• I hesitate to start any more trilogies or series books. Too much commitment 🙂 I would like to give the Eve Dallas series a try someday.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 19, 2017 | Reply