George Washington’s Birthday

We went to Michigan over the long President’s Day weekend to visit Jason’s family (his mother starts chemo tomorrow for stage four tonsil cancer).  Gage came back with a cold so two days (so far) with mom at home.  Today we did some George Washington activities since it’s his birthday.

I don’t watch a lot of historical films, unless Jason makes me, but there have been a few over the years that have stood out for me because I loved the Presidential portrayal.

I loved Bruce Greenwood as JFK in Thirteen Days.

I thought Bill Murray was a surprisingly good FDR in Hyde Park on Hudson.

I LOVED Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt in Night at the Museum.

And, of course, Daniel Day-Lewis is tough to beat as Lincoln in Lincoln.

Is there a President in the movies that stands out for you?

February 22, 2017 - Posted by | lists

1. I can’ think of any presidential movies except for Lincoln. I hope Gage is feeling better!

Comment by BermudaOnion | February 22, 2017 | Reply

2. It was a nice weekend here in MI, sorry Gage came home sick. Hope he gets better quick. Sorry to hear about Jason’s Mom, sending prayers her way.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | February 22, 2017 | Reply

3. We’ve had horrible colds at my house the past month. I hope Gage feels better soon. Sending good thoughts for Jason’s mom.

Comment by Mary | February 23, 2017 | Reply

4. Stacy, so sorry about Jason’s mother. Hope her treatment is effective. Prayers from me as well. And poor little Gage – that cold needs to just move right on out. Take care!

Comment by Kay | February 23, 2017 | Reply

5. Sorry to hear about Jason’s mom. I’d never heard of tonsil cancer before. Wishing her the best with the chemo.

Comment by snoozing on the sofa | February 23, 2017 | Reply

6. Prayers for Jason’s mother. I hope the treatment helps. I am so sorry you all are having to go through that right now. Robin Williams did make a great Teddy Roosevelt in Night of the Museum. 🙂 I’m drawing a blank when it comes to favorite movies with Presidents. Maybe Harrison Ford in Air Force One or Jed Bartlet (TV). Of course, those don’t really count because they are fictional presidents . . .

Comment by Literary Feline | February 27, 2017 | Reply